Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Security at Kurdistan's Erbil airport: A Dutch hound’s tale

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Re: Security at Kurdistan's Erbil airport: A Dutch hound’s t

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:22 am

Feyli_kord wrote:Actually, It's well known that western countries have majority contract in kurdistan and iraq for oilfields(In this case, they control the refineries). it's also very well known that western countries and companies are involved in corruption and making money of african states. Those are facts. Can't say that much for alot of the(excuse my language) nonsense that comes from you.

Erbil Governorate has compiled and published a list of the top oil companies in Kurdistan.

Listing them by country:

USA

• Exxon Mobil, Chevron, Aspect Energy, Marathon Oil Corporation, Hillwood International Energy, Hunt Oil, Prime Oil, Murphy Oil, Hess Corporation, HKN Energy, Viking International

Canada

• Forbes and Manhattan, Western Zagros Resources, Talisman Energy Inc, NIKO Resources, Ground Star, Shamaran

South Korea

• Korea National Oil Company (KNOC)

Turkey

• Genel Energy, Petoil, Dogan

Britain

• Gulf Keystone Petroleum, Sterling Energy, Heritage Oil

Anglo-French

• Perenco

UAE

• TAQA, Dana Petroleum

France

• Total

Austria

• OMV

China

• China acquired a significant presence in Iraqi Kurdistan after Sinopec Group bought Addax Petroleum in 2009.

Hungary

• MOL

India

• Reliance Industries

Papua New Guinea

• Oil Search

Russia

• Norbest, Gazprom Neft

Norway

• DNO

Iraq

• Oil Search (Iraq) Limited, Kar Group, Qaiwan Group

Spain

• Repsol

Independent

• AFREN
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:11 am

@Rand and @Feyli_Kord are you twins ? If not, what stereotyped speeches. Or both of you have learn the Manuel of the Perfect Sitting Revolution Fighter (-|
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Piling wrote:@Rand and @Feyli_Kord are you twins ? If not, what stereotyped speeches. Or both of you have learn the Manuel of the Perfect Sitting Revolution Fighter (-|

LOL, so we should rather be dishonest and adopt stupid self-hating pro-western views like the brainwashed member londoner, who thinks that western culture is universal and that any other culture is inferior. I'm sorry we're too dignified not kissing up to you and act like western apologetics like londoner. All i'm asking is to you to stop talking garbage and being apologetic and hypocrite. Stop attacking third world nationalists and defending the disgusting behavior of your arrogant government and companies.

I really can't understand why westerners like yourself or anthea have anything to do with kurds, kurdistan or west-asia. The truth is that kurdish interest groups in the west use westerners like yourself as a futile decor to appeal higher powers in the west, who don't give a shit about anything other than their coffers. I have no idea how you can think kurds take you seriously. I have never said and have never pretended I'm politically active atleast. I also respect other peoples enough to not go to tibet and act like coffee house-activist and treat their plight like some fashionable cause or a charity, like saving the cows or make people more aware of importance of recycling.

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Rando » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:01 am

What we are stating is simple facts,not based on stereotyped feelings.
Why don`t you disprove our claims instead?
When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.
Rando
Ashna
Ashna

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:02 am

Feyli_kord wrote:LOL, so we should rather be dishonest and adopt stupid self-hating pro-western views like the brainwashed member londoner, who thinks that western culture is universal and that any other culture is inferior. I'm sorry we're too dignified not kissing up to you and act like western apologetics like londoner. All i'm asking is that stop talking garbage and being apologetic and hypocrite. Stop attacking third world nationalists and defending the disgusting behavior of your arrogant government and companies.

I really can't understand why westerners like yourself or anthea have anything to do with kurds, kurdistan or west-asia. The truth is that kurdish interest groups in the west use westerners like yourself as a futile decor to appeal higher powers in the west, who don't give a shit about anything other than their coffers. I have no idea how you can think kurds take you seriously. I have never said and have never pretended I'm politically active atleast. I also respect other peoples enough to not go to tibet and act like coffee house-activist and treat their plight like some fashionable cause or a charity, like saving the cows or make people more aware of importance of recycling.

Why are you bringing Londoner into this - leave the man alone - he is a fellow Kurd - it is time Kurds stopped fighting among themselves X(

As for Africa - I am at a complete lose as to the connection between Kurdistan using the best security dogs in the world to provide much needed security in Kurdistan - and Africa

By the way Africans do NOT like to be referred to as Africans - they preferred to be referred to by country or tribe - to a Zulu (an example) referring to him as an African is demeaning because you are saying that he is the same as others he feels he is superior to - referring to someone as an African is bringing him down to the lowest common denominator - that of an uneducated savage - a proud Zulu would NOT be happy

I assure you that nobody has ever used either Piling or myself X(

Piling has studied Kurdish language (which she speaks reads and writes far better than most Kurds), history, culture and politics for many years - her knowledge of all things Kurdish is far greater than that of the combined knowledge of the average THOUSAND Kurds

Piling loves and respects Kurds - though why she continues to do so is beyond me - I am disgusted by the way some people on here treat her - you and others like you - should be ASHAMED of yourselves - Piling has helped run this forum from it's inception 8 YEARS ago :ymapplause:

My introduction to Kurds was initially through FOOD :o)

I became friends with a family who owned an eatery more than 30 years ago - and they have remained my friends all that time - and hopefully will continue to remain my friends :x their large extended family are all my friends :x

As a teacher - I have added to my long list of Kurdish friends - how could anyone dare to accuse my of being used by any interest group - my friends are NOT an interest group X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:39 am

Anthea you may be "friends of some Kurds", but the fact of the matter is you aren't a Kurd. Nor can you dictate to how Kurds should feel.

FeyliKord is right, why cannot Kurds just pursue or follow Kurdish cultural activities or ideas? Why should we behave or act like Westerners?

You say you are friends of the Kurds, but I've never heard of you in the Kurdish commnity centres or anything of that sort. What is your real name, so I can see how much of a "friend" you are?
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Anthea wrote:Why are you bringing Londoner into this - leave the man alone - he is a fellow Kurd - it is time Kurds stopped fighting among themselves X(

I'm sorry, but he's a blatant west ass-kisser. Has no dignity. I hold him in low regard because of this self-decrepating behavior.

Anthea wrote:As for Africa - I am at a complete lose as to the connection between Kurdistan using the best security dogs in the world to provide much needed security in Kurdistan - and Africa

Because it's a part of the same foreign policy all of west uses. The same reasoning used in africa is used in kurdistan and the middle-east. It's not just western dogs being hired, that's one little nut in the whole machinery, it's the a part of general pattern. Western countries building infrastructure instead of indigenous companies, western companies owning economical rights in the middle-east, having first hand contracts towards oils and building refineries. Corrupt middle-eastern leaders (including talabani and barzani) that are pro-western and who receive western support. Western countries intervening. The western economical domination of the region, western supported coups, western arm sales.

Anthea wrote:By the way Africans do NOT like to be referred to as Africans - they preferred to be referred to by country or tribe - to a Zulu (an example) referring to him as an African is demeaning because you are saying that he is the same as others he feels he is superior to - referring to someone as an African is bringing him down to the lowest common denominator - that of an uneducated savage - a proud Zulu would NOT be happy

They're states and nations located on africa. And it's irrelevant whether they're individual nations and states. They all get treated the same by USA, europe, china and have similar economical and social problems. They're all the same in the playing field. It's stupid and petty for them to engage in rivalries when there are bigger fish to fry. You think there is a difference between a zulu and someone from congo, when they're both starving and suffering from the same causes? Their government being sellouts and western countries destroying their economy?

Anthea wrote:
I assure you that nobody has ever used either Piling or myself X(

I'm not sure about you. But piling by her own admission works for one kurdish interest group. There are lots of them wherever there are kurdish communities. They usually make parties during newroz where they invite politicians and intellectuals and what else.They collaborate with western politicians and other westerners. Lots of them are associated with PKK. So when they have some westerners working for them, it's because they're trying to create influence for their own cause and ideology, and appeal to western governments. But they don't realize that western goverments don't give a fuck about anything other than money, and they only respect power. Kurdish lobbying doesn't work, because kurds aren't financially powerful.

Anthea wrote:Piling has studied Kurdish language (which she speaks reads and writes far better than most Kurds), history, culture and politics for many years - her knowledge of all things Kurdish is far greater than that of the combined knowledge of the average THOUSAND Kurds

And that means what exactly? It's not the first time some orientalists with a fascination with distant culture turn it into career. For westerners it's some fashionable hobby. Lots of arabologists, kurdologists, assyrologists, turkologists, chinaologists, africaologists, etc.

Anthea wrote:Piling loves and respects Kurds - though why she continues to do so is beyond me - I am disgusted by the way some people on here treat her - you and others like you - should be ASHAMED of yourselves - Piling has helped run this forum from it's inception 8 YEARS ago :ymapplause:

Piling doesn't respect kurds/love. She is a liberal missionary. She sees a cause, and hangs on to it, for whatever reason. It's fashionable thing to do in the west. If it's not kurds, it's palestinians, if it's not palestinians it's the tibetans, if it's not the tibetans it's indigenous indians in south-america. It's the western fascination with the "Other". A fascination with the exotic, strange and mystical, with the opressed "noble savages". It's not genuine sympathy and respect. It doesn't surprise me, considering the literature she reads. Lots of fantasy and mysticalism. It's sort of common amongst western leftists and liberals. You should read more on the topic. Not just accuse me of being hateful.

Anthea wrote:I became friends with a family who owned an eatery more than 30 years ago - and they have remained my friends all that time - and hopefully will continue to remain my friends :x their large extended family are all my friends :x

I'm sure they're all your good-friends, and you haven't mistaken their warm demeanour and hospitality with "friendship". Just because someone is friendly you to you, doesn't make them friends.

Anthea wrote:As a teacher - I have added to my long list of Kurdish friends - how could anyone dare to accuse my of being used by any interest group - my friends are NOT an interest group X(

Lol, i'm sorry, but you probably view your friendships a bit differently than kurds do you, and this comes from someone who lived the majority of their adolscent and young adult life in the west. I've asked many kurdish immigrants and refugees aswell as middle-easterners in general, and the overwhelming majority don't have any "friendships" with westerners, they have acquintances and co-workers, but no genuine friends. I've never seen and meet westerners, especially white westerners, who had genuine friendships with people who weren't white westerners. There are casual acquitances, people they know, and co-workers. But no friends. I very occasionally see some middle-easterner with a non-middle-eastern Girlfriend or something like that.
Last edited by Feyli_kord on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:46 pm

Feyli_kord wrote:There are casual acquitances, people they know, and co-workers. But no friends. I very occasionally see some middle-easterner with a non-middle-eastern Girlfriend or something like that.

I think it is terrible sad if you think that is the only type of friendship Kurdish people with non-Kurds :shock:

My friends are the same as my family - the ladies are my sisters - the men are my brothers :ymhug:

If there are Kurds in England who do not wish to become friends with the indigenous population then they do not belong here :ymtongue:

Kurdish children go to English schools and have English friends :ymhug:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:54 pm

Anthea wrote:
Feyli_kord wrote:There are casual acquitances, people they know, and co-workers. But no friends. I very occasionally see some middle-easterner with a non-middle-eastern Girlfriend or something like that.

I think it is terrible sad if you think that is the only type of friendship Kurdish people with non-Kurds :shock:

My friends are the same as my family - the ladies are my sisters - the men are my brothers :ymhug:

I think that's how it is. I have asked my dad, i have asked my sisters, i have asked all my middle-eastern friends and everyone. They don't have many non-middle-eastern friends. my father and uncles have worked 30 years in this country, their friends are all either kurds, iranians or arabs, some turks and some south-asians, then after that they have black, latin-american, east-asian and white coworkers, acquitances. I think i've meet one or two kurds who have white/black friends, and i mean friends, not just people they hang around at work or school.

Anthea wrote:if there are Kurds in England who do not wish to become friends with the indigenous population then they do not belong here :ymtongue:

Kurdish children go to English schools and have English friends

You don't understand what friend means. Friend isn't just someone you meet at school or at work, and talk to or play out in the schoolyard. Those people are acquitances, coworkers, school mates. Not friends.

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: jjmuneer » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Anthea wrote:

If there are Kurds in England who do not wish to become friends with the indigenous population then they do not belong here :ymtongue:

Kurdish children go to English schools and have English friends :ymhug:

So you are a racist? How about Britain re-ammend the Treaty of Sevres in favour of supporting Turks in 1921, then we will leave "your country". And anyway it isn't your country, Anglo-Saxons invaded England and displaced the native Brits. Go read your own history.

But I will ask again what is your real name? So I can see which Kurd actualyl knows you,
Mêdî û Pahlî
jjmuneer
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Piling loves and respects Kurds

No no no ! :-D I prefer Dutch dogs and I don't care of all these wannabe martyr fighters who never went to struggle in Kurdistan and just complain about their victim's life in Europe or USA.

Moreover as I could observe since 30 years, such Diaspora activists are often disgusted by their own Kurdish fellows in the country and consider life and society in Kurdistan as backward and full of morons. Such people feel well nowhere, nor in Western nor in Kurdistan, and Kurds from Kurdistan see them as foreigners : that makes them so bitter.

So long live to Dutch dogs : if Kurds in Erbil were saved with them from bombs made by their beloved Middle Eastern brothers, I guess they don't care if dogs are Chinese, Australian or Belgian.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:42 pm

Piling wrote:No no no ! :-D I prefer Dutch dogs and I don't care of all these wannabe martyr fighters who never went to struggle in Kurdistan and just complain about their victim's life in Europe or USA.

Yeah, nevermind my uncles fight against saddam, both as peshmerga and as basj, one uncle also died as peshmerga. I also never claimed to be a fighter nor politically active (Since i assume your attack is directed against me). Can you show me one instance where I said i'm a political activist or engaged in political activities. I've only given my opinions and views so far, which might inspire people. Atleast back up your rhetoric, do your homework. Don't make baseless attacks. You're also very insolent. Just some friendly advice, next time you decide to go on a tirade against people, i'd watch my mouth if i was you and not talk such garbage in public to kurds.

But then western people are known to be xenophobic and seeing themselves as above "barbaric lower ethncities" like kurds and other middle-easterners. No wonder algerians and sub saharans in paris have to teach suburban foul-mouthed white french a lesson in respect, and put them in their place when they talk such garbage.

Piling wrote:Moreover as I could observe since 30 years, such Diaspora activists are often disgusted by their own Kurdish fellows in the country and consider life and society in Kurdistan as backward and full of morons. Such people feel well nowhere, nor in Western nor in Kurdistan, and Kurds from Kurdistan see them as foreigners : that makes them so bitter.

Kurdistan is corrupt and nepotist. Those are legitimate criticisms. Ontop of it's leader are west-appeasers and kiss western ass. They kiss people like your ass, like when they open a consulate to the french ambassador, when the french did absoloutely nothing against saddam. They thank french people like you, and kiss your feet, even when you shat on them, and you prefer your plants that you water every saturday or some other shit over their lives, they probably realize that, but have no choice. Lots of kurds are returning to live in kurdistan, they have no problems, some new buisnesses in kurdistan are created by people who're born in the west.

So i think people in kurdistan are moronic and backwards, why? Because their leaders are stupid? Lots of my family live there, and none of them like barzani or talabani, lots of kurds in kurdistan don't. Kurds have bad leadership, but that is all, if they had good leadership and changed certain things, kurdistan would be much closer to becoming an independent nation-state. Don't put words in my mouth. The only one here that has such qualities, is yourself.

Piling wrote:So long live to Dutch dogs : if Kurds in Erbil were saved with them from bombs made by their beloved Middle Eastern brothers, I guess they don't care if dogs are Chinese, Australian or Belgian.

That's just inane. If anything salafists who try to bomb serve your own governments ends(creates a need for security equipment) and are financed by your governments fuel needs. They're your beloved brothers. People in Kurdistan don't realize that. They think the west is their friend. The only friend the west has and cares about is the money.
Last edited by Feyli_kord on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:54 pm

Piling wrote:
Piling loves and respects Kurds

No no no ! :-D I prefer Dutch dogs and I don't care of all these wannabe martyr fighters who never went to struggle in Kurdistan and just complain about their victim's life in Europe or USA.

Moreover as I could observe since 30 years, such Diaspora activists are often disgusted by their own Kurdish fellows in the country and consider life and society in Kurdistan as backward and full of morons. Such people feel well nowhere, nor in Western nor in Kurdistan, and Kurds from Kurdistan see them as foreigners : that makes them so bitter.

So long live to Dutch dogs : if Kurds in Erbil were saved with them from bombs made by their beloved Middle Eastern brothers, I guess they don't care if dogs are Chinese, Australian or Belgian.

Sadly, all most Kurds need is education - many of the people posting on here are not much more than children - many do not understand English - some really want to share information about Kurdistan - some want things to improve for Kurds - some seem to want to bring down this forum and insult everyone - I suspect some are actually TURKISH spies X(

I know that at one time Dyaoko was thinking of providing a section of the forum for non-English speakers - I am seriously starting to think it is a good idea :D

Those Dutch dogs are probably more intelligent than most other dogs - I would love one - I still do not understand why anyone would object to their use :x

We have all seen that Iraq is becoming much more violent - Kurdistan needs all the help it can get to keep it's people safe :D
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Dutch and Belgian shepherds are often chosen for security and drug detection because these breeds have the best noses among all dogs and they are also good for defense and attack : they are not pet.

German shepherds are very good for safety and rescue and some military tasks because they are very very clever and less brutal than Dutch dogs (better for rescuing victims). They are also used for blind people as Labrador because they are gentle with humans and patient with young kids.

These morons don't realize that each breed have their special ability and dogs are chosen from all the world for their special talent concerning a special job not because of their origins.

Kurds use Kurdish dogs to watch goods and cattle and fighting wolves and bears and other beasts. They are not so good for jobs in cities (imagine a dog big as a little donkey in airport ?) but Kurds could start to promote their own dogs among international shepherds competition.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Feyli_kord » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Piling wrote:Dutch and Belgian shepherds are often chosen for security and drug detection because these breeds have the best noses among all dogs and they are also good for defense and attack : they are not pet.

German shepherds are very good for safety and rescue and some military tasks because they are very very clever and less brutal than Dutch dogs (better for rescuing victims). They are also used for blind people as Labrador because they are gentle with humans and patient with young kids.

These morons don't realize that each breed have their special ability and dogs are chosen from all the world for their special talent concerning a special job not because of their origins.

Kurds use Kurdish dogs to watch goods and cattle and fighting wolves and bears and other beasts. They are not so good for jobs in cities (imagine a dog big as a little donkey in airport ?) but Kurds could start to promote their own dogs among international shepherds competition.

You don't need dogs for explosive detection, that's what western morons don't realize. You're also not paying attention. This was initially about dogs, but that's not even the point. The point is how west and china economically dominates regions like kurdistan. Not whether some europeans from xenophobic countries like holland, get jobs they don't deserve in kurdistan.
Last edited by Feyli_kord on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feyli_kord
Ashna
Ashna

PreviousNext

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis