Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Parliment Convening

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

Parliment Convening

PostAuthor: pesh17 » Tue May 17, 2005 11:28 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen the kurdish parties, KDP and PUK have once again managed to shock us all. These splendid, and authentically liberal-democratic parties, that are so transparent, so democratically elected, have failed, again to convene the kurdish parliment in 9 years, since the great wars of 96. Surprised I am that it hasnt been a bigger issue among forums online and this one. But i guess its so predictable, its almost as if we are all now numb to the measly politics that they constantly play and believe they are fooling everyone. Since October 2002 when, many kurds sighed, and thought maybe that was the day, that it would finally convene, when all the "parlimentarians" swore upon the koran, that they will faithfully, with dignity and honor by almighty god, uphold the intergrity of the parliment, have we yet to see a piece of "legislation" come through, or a joint session with all its member convene. The municipal and regional elections in kurdistan were a joke, with both kurdish parties running on the same slate even in the regional elections and dividing up the "seats" among themselves. You all might think that im just another kdp/puk basher, but im really not, I have for the past 5 years, looked to these parties, and as an individual let them prove themselves. But time and time again, they refuse to take any real steps for the better of the KRG and kurdistan, but instead their political parties and their fiefdoms. I would love to see these two parties manifest themselves, from revolutionary parties, to liberal democratic parties, that can evolve and develop civil socieites and institutions for kurdistan, that are so essential to the development of our nation, and future kurdish generations that might live beyond them. But it hasnt happend. Reform and unity now is of the utmost importance and a necessity. Already we have seen that once the rest of Iraq even get a notion or a sense of power, the will not hesistate to exclude kurds of the political process and rights. ie the oath (it was not coincident) Be patient, time will do its work, is what they say, but my friends in this world you can be patient for so long before the rest of the world leaves you behind, and fellow country men we are already so behind... I will lleave you all with that.......

silav
Ji bu kurdistana azad u demokratik

pesh17
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Parliment Convening

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: heval » Wed May 18, 2005 7:08 am

Silav bira, is that you? I'm glad to see you joined this one too! I'll add my post like the last forum =) I think what you said about seeing the "two parties manifest themselves, from revolutionary parties, to liberal democratic parties" is very true but one of the main problems here. They are still operating as revolutionary parties and need to realize, that era is over.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: hiwa » Wed May 18, 2005 11:14 am

there has been a meeting organised by yakgirtu, they have set a deadline 25th after that they will go into the parliament and seek sancturey untill both parties come to a final agreement inside the parliament!

so it is really now up to our nation to support its will and back this good move to force this two PARTIES end their decades disputes!

stop calling SEROK and SEROK!

this needs OUR CONTRIBUTION AS WELL!

hiwa
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: kassem » Wed May 18, 2005 11:38 am

w
Last edited by kassem on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

kassem
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: pesh17 » Wed May 18, 2005 7:45 pm

Goran is that you? Glad to hear if it is.
Ji bu kurdistana azad u demokratik

pesh17
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: heval » Wed May 18, 2005 9:31 pm

pesh17 wrote:Goran is that you? Glad to hear if it is.

ahah thanks Yeah it is, i am everywhere :wink:
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Wed May 18, 2005 10:01 pm

I am getting pissed on the PUK sometimes.. the Americans probably forget they were seperatist too when America freed himself from the English rule...

Here nice Answer about the PUK

TAE: You've taught in Iraqi Kurdistan. Can we rely on the Kurdish rebels to support efforts to overthrow Saddam?

RUBIN: I most certainly think we can. There are two main groups in that region: the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, and the Kurdistan Democratic Party. Both are generally pro-Western and pro-American. Recently the PUK has been a much more consistent ally for us. Together they have a total of about 70,000 troops under their command and control an area about twice the size of New Jersey. Under the same sanctions that have been imposed on the rest of Iraq their homeland has a rising fertility rate and a healthier economy. They are not separatists; they see themselves as part of Iraq. They want to have some say in a central government in Baghdad, but they still celebrate Iraqi Army Day as a national holiday.

The suppression of ethnic cultures and minority religious groups in attempting to forge a modern nation were not unique to Turkey but occurred in very similar ways in its European neighbours - Bruinessen.

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Hispanic

PostAuthor: kassem » Thu May 19, 2005 3:14 am

w
Last edited by kassem on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

kassem
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Thu May 19, 2005 8:22 am

No, that was Robert A. Pape.
It would be strange if Kurds are celebrating a Iraqi army day. The same army that killed them, their children and family.

But If I didn't know nothing about the Kurds and I would listen to the statements of Talabani and the PUK. I would think the same.. If the PUK said we want to be indepent, that's something else.
But they can't say the Kurdish people in Iraq Kurdistan don't want independence, because most want it..
The suppression of ethnic cultures and minority religious groups in attempting to forge a modern nation were not unique to Turkey but occurred in very similar ways in its European neighbours - Bruinessen.

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: arcan_dohuk » Sat May 21, 2005 4:37 am

we should form our own political party.

arcan_dohuk
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: kassem » Sat May 21, 2005 6:06 am

w
Last edited by kassem on Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

kassem
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Sat May 21, 2005 6:36 am

A friend of mine want to start a new movement soon for all Kurds.
But o well we will see..

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Evin » Sat May 21, 2005 7:59 am

arcan_dohuk wrote:we should form our own political party.

Unfortunately Arcan, politics is politics, I mean the world over, did you ever meet a politician who didn't lie, cheat and con their own people, an honest politician is an oxymoron, they simply don't exist.

We need to be supporting the people, stuff the politicians, its the KRM all the way for me. They're listening to the people, they organised the 'indepenence' vote and they're fighting for those results to be heard and most importantly, they're not politicians!

I mean 98%, come on guys, they can't ignore the will of the people forever, get behind the KRM, mither the living sh*t out of your political representatives to acknowledge what the people that matter want, the Kurdish people.

Evin
Shermin
Shermin

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis