Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

YPG fighter returns home, saves his family after three years

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:01 pm

We are DELIGHTED to be able to share some good news for a change :ymparty:

YPG fighter returns home and saves his family after three years

Ferhad Asman Casim was saved from ISIS captivity three years ago, went to Hesekê and joined the YPG. One month ago, he rescued his family and liberated his village to the northwest of Deir ez-Zor.

Ferhad Asman Casim is 33 years old and he’s from the Hamar El Ali village of Deir Ez Zor. Before the Syrian Civil War, Ferhad Asman Casim was an ordinary worker, but his whole life changed when Deir ez-Zor was invaded by first the FSA and then ISIS. Three years ago he managed to escape ISIS captivity and get out of Deir ez-Zor, and arrive in Hesekê to join the YPG. One month ago, Casim rescued his family and liberated his village to the northwest of Deir ez-Zor.

ANF visited Casim in the house he lives in with his relatives, mother, wife and children. In stark contrast to the ISIS era, Casim’s house is bubbling with joy. The operation is not over yet, but they have no fear in them. Women greet us with their colorful clothes and smiling faces. Casim doesn’t shy away from showing affection for his wife and children. He poses for our cameras along with his family, all making victory signs.

Ferhat Asman Casim used to be a worker before the Syrian Civil War, and he worked in some different cities in Syria and Rojava. After the war started, their village came under FSA control. The gangs under the FSA did not hold back on the cruelty, and then ISIS came in, which multiplied the cruelty. Casim was arrested by ISIS because he had a gun. He was tortured for over a month, and was later released.

ESCAPE FROM DEIR EZ-ZOR AND JOINING THE YPG

Ferhad Asman Casim fled from his ISIS-invaded village and went to Hesekê. He tells the story of what happened after like so: “When I arrived in Hesekê, I joined the YPG to protect my people and my lands, and to clear away the ISIS trouble. I had heard that there was fraternity and democracy in the YPG, and they saw all civilians as their family, and not beneath them. I used to work in Serêkaniye. I saw how the FSA stole the oil. There I used to visit people’s houses. I started to understand the YPG and their view, and that affected me.”

FIRST RAQQA THEN DEIR EZ-ZOR

Fehad Asman Casim was part of the Raqqa operation since the beginning. Before the Raqqa operation was over, he crossed over to the Operation Cizîre Storm launched for the eastern parts of Deir ez-Zor. Casim continued his story: “We started the operation with great morale. All the participating comrades were long time YPG members. We had prepared ourselves for the operation. We started in strict order, discipline and planning. We did go through hardships too, but it was good, and it continues well too.”

https://anfenglish.com/features/ypg-fig ... ears-23119
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor