Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

New TV channel in Kurdistan

A place for discussion and exchanging ideas about Kurdistan issues here, also a place for sharing article & views and analysis about Kurdistan .

which TV is better ?

Kurd Sat
17%
Kurdistan TV
42%
Roj TV
42%
Me TV
No votes

Total votes : 12

PostAuthor: Vladimir » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:19 pm

Or everything in Kurdish with Turkish "sentences " under it translated. (forgot the English word :roll: ). Then they can learn Kurdish, like they learn English. :wink:
The suppression of ethnic cultures and minority religious groups in attempting to forge a modern nation were not unique to Turkey but occurred in very similar ways in its European neighbours - Bruinessen.

Vladimir
Shaswar
Shaswar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Hispanic

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:26 pm

I agree Welatêmîr - and you are talking about "subtitles"... ;)

Kurdish is VERY easy to learn... Look at Kurds in Konya - MOST of have kept their language intact... so why should it be harder for Kurds living along the border??? If that was what you meant Dilshad...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:53 pm

Hi there!

Yes it is what I meant...you should know better than anyone , what I meant by borders...I am talking about Kurdsitan's borders.
Anyways, take for example Maras in north-western Kurdistan.
They use kurmanji mixed with some turkish words ("some" may be weak of a word here). Now they all feel as kurdish as we are, and I don't think it is a great thing to come and tell them:
"Hey you over there...you suck becasue you were forced to speak turkish...go learn kurdish and then come back and watch our TV"

Now the idea of puting subtitle is GREAT! I love it....but what about people that do not know how to read?

I hope you see my point! I fully agree with you that we should not encourage speaking the occupier langage and I am delighted to hear that in the south of Kurdistan, younger Kurdish generation (born around 91 :) ) do not speak a word of arabic! that's great!

Diri, how do you propose to learn Kurmanji or Dimili, Sorani for those that don't know kurdish....As far as I know, there is not a lot of kurdish school unfrotunately around...

All I am saying here is that it needs to be gradual, you can't go and change everything right away...

Now on the fact to use english instead of turkish, arabic, persian....mhm
Memory is short,....it was they the English with the French that divided up Kurdistan....It was they that Used Chemical weapons in Iraqi-occupied-Kurdistan at the begining of the century....

Again, let's not get carried away...I want every single Kurd to be able to speak kurdish!!!

DilSad

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:54 pm

Dilshad - we are talking about TV - not what the ordniary man does on his free time... We are saying that our Kurdish TV channels must be in Kurdish and ONLY in political circumstances should they use the occupiers tounge... In programs about life, nature, music etc they should ONLY use Kurdish...

Language is knowledge and knowledge is potentianl power... It only becoms power in the right persons mouth - but as has been said earlier - Northern Kurds in many situations when they meet eachother only speak in Turkish - here in the diaspora and in Turkey... What is so good about this?

The Turkish government has had this policy: People who don't speak Turkish are DUMB and not intelligent - and this is naturally directed at Kurds - and it hits them right in the head...

I have relatives who say "Don't teach (my son or my daughter) Kurdish - he/she must learn Turkish so he/she can do well in school and so that he/she doesn't have problems with learning two languages... "

This IS in fact what most Kurds in Turkey think (mind you I said in Turkey - Not Northern Kurdistan).

You don't need schools to learn your language - it starts in the homes - when a mother doesn't teach his son/daughter Kurdish then that will be the childs loss... Some Kurds make you SO angry for doing such things! How stupid these people are that they doubt the abilities of their child to learn ONLY two languages... I have had no problem with languages and neither has any of my siblings - we have all learned Kurdish, Turkish, Norwegian, English and some of them have learned Russian, Persian and German on top of that... so why should it be so damn wrong to teach a child more than one language?

It has been scientifically proved that a child can learn ANY languages it learns before the age of 10 as if it were his/her mothers tounge... And we have the capacity to learn AT least 14 languages... 100%...

So a language is a great wepon - when Kurds didn't speak Turkish - that meant problems for the Turkish state-- To be able to speak many languages is wepon and to know your history and where you have your roots - that can also be a wepon...
People that are deprived of their mothers tounge because a man/woman thinks it is in the best intentions for the child not to learn Kurdish are DUMB AS HELL...

The fact that Kurdish women haven't been educated in Turkish school is VERY fortunet actually - even though ignorance is bad - in this case it has served a lot... The Kurdish language has not died out and the Kurdish culture has been preserved by our mothers who brought us up...

THANK GOD THAT OUR MOTHERS AND GRANDMOTHER WERE ILLITERATE! IF THEY WERE LITTERATE THEN OUR LANGUAGE WOULD HAVE DRIED UP LONG AGO!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:23 am

Hi Diri, everyone

I think either I am not getting it, or I am not communicating well enough, but it seems that we are not really talking about the same thing.

I know I know we have kind of went off in another direction (the question was which tv you prefer the most if I am not mistaking), but even within that off direction...I am not sure we are hearing each other...

Now, Diri, and the others can you please tell me what is the goal, the purpose, "la raison d'etre" like we say in french of a tv station?

DilSad

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:16 am

THE REASON you have a channel is to have a job - and the purpose of the job is to make quality products that the viewers can and will enjoy - the service done by these products can be many: politics, religion, culture, human rights, animal and nature world - and many more... So the reason in it self does not have to be economical either - it can be political or religious or social or even charity... but the main goal of a TV channel I suppose would be to "make a mark" in peoples minds - influence them - show them THEIR views and possibly the PEOPLES views - also some channels wish to show things in a spesific political viewes not just any but only one of the following - either communist, capitalist, social, liberal, fundamentalist, Left or Right...

The main goal of ROJ TV - to promote APO and the PKK and to influence Kurds, Turks and the Middle East in general (and the Turkish state in particular) to see things as they see them...

The main goal of MESOPOTAMIA TV - to promote APO and the PKK and to influence Kurds, Turks and the Middle East in general (and the Turkish state in particular) to see things as they see them...

The main goal of KURDISTAN TV is to serve President Barzanî and the KDP - to influence Kurds, Arabs and the Middle East in general (and the Iraqi state in particular) to see things as they see them...

The main goal of KURDSAT TV is to serve President Telebanî and the PUK - to influence Kurds, Arabs and the Middle East in general (and the Iraqi state in particular) to see things as they see them...

We do however lack TV channels in the other two countries - Syria and Iran - which fight for Kurds cause in these parts of Kurdistan... But the INTENTION would be the same and the INTENTION is good - as is the idea - but THE MEANS AREN'T ALWAYS JUSTIFIED!

I wish there was a PAN Kurdish TV channel that could be BALANCED AND LACKING OF PREJUDICE AND IGNORANCE...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:35 am

Hi Diri,

thanks for your answer!
I agree with your conclusion that we wish we had a PANKurd-TV, but as we all know that will not happen anytime soon, as you need money to start one.

Anyways, getting back to why I asked the question at the first place.
You and Vladimir took the position that Roj-TV should not air shows in the occupiers langages, while I took the postion that it is a bit more complicated as some kurd (unfortunately) do not speak kurdish.
And please correct me if I mis-interpreted the positions.

Now if what you said in your answer is true and if you believe in it, then you should agree with me that they should still air "some" shows in the occupiers langages, and specially the NEWS and political shows.
The cultural, music, movies should be in Kurdish only. And the reason why, is as you said, the TV are trying to inform a target people.
So the more people canunderstand the better it is.

I still remember my dad reading the Turkish newspapers in mid 80's and try to decypher what was true and was turkish propaganda.
Each time they'd hear that 50 Apoci were killed (back then they were called like that), they'de simply say, ah, they're lying, this means that 50 soldier died...

Anyways, there is no need for our kurdish sisters and brothers to have to do that, we should give them the news...and not force them to go to the occupiers NEWS.

Now the reason why the music shows should be in Kurdish only, is becasue, have you ever noticed that people always make an effort when it is music or dance? They'd then have fun and learn kurdish.
You live in Europe, you probably noticed that there are MUCH MORE people at kurdish concert, or evenings that at Demonstrations...

DiLsAD...

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: kurdistani » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:42 pm

Komala (Iran) will be having a Sat tv channel soon.....
Xeper gyan booooooxommmm...
Match u Much pim xosh e

kurdistani
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: kardox » Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:13 pm

Diri wrote:Thank you Kardox...

But non of them worked :(

BUT we DID find the first and only ASSYRIAN CHANNEL :lol:

AND - it hasen't opened YET :roll:

hehe , hi again ;)

try to read this :

زاگرۆس تی ڤی له‌سه‌ر هۆت بێرد ده‌توانن ببینن
[20:24 , 04 Jul 2005]

PNA- هاوڵاتیانی كورد له‌ هه‌ر كوێیه‌ك بن ئاگادار ده‌كه‌ینه‌وه‌ كه‌ ده‌توانن له‌ رێگه‌ی مانگی ده‌ستكردی (هۆت بێرد) به‌پێی ئه‌م زانیارییانه‌ی خواره‌وه‌ به‌خشی زاگرۆس تی ڤی ببینن:
11727 Freq
27500 Sym
¾
V

هه‌روه‌ها له‌ هه‌مان كاتدا ده‌توانن له‌ رێگه‌ی مانگی ده‌ستكردی (Eutelsat, sesat 36°) به‌پێی ئه‌م زانیارییانه‌ی خواره‌وه‌ به‌خشی زاگرۆس تی ڤی ببینن:
11626 Ferq
1.333 Sym
3/4
H
Ham chinaar, ham chighaal, ham zinaar
chee buu Rustamee kurree Zaal

Amr kir seesit u shesht saal
Amr kir seesit u shesht saa

Heezh bichuuka, t'ifaal,
Daayee himbees kir, bira maal
kardox
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:10 pm

I am sorry - I can't read Arabic Script... :roll: But I have noted down the Position of the channel and I will try with that one now...

THANKS brother ;)

Oh - and if that info in Kurdish Arabic is important to know - please translate it for me :D

THANKS!
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: kardox » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:19 am

Diri wrote:I am sorry - I can't read Arabic Script... :roll: But I have noted down the Position of the channel and I will try with that one now...

THANKS brother ;)

Oh - and if that info in Kurdish Arabic is important to know - please translate it for me :D

THANKS!

Translation :

Well, they announce that kurds can view zagroz tv also on hot bird:
11727 Freq
27500 Sym
¾
V

And also on eutelsat, sesat 36 degrees.

11626 Ferq
1.333 Sym
3/4
Ham chinaar, ham chighaal, ham zinaar
chee buu Rustamee kurree Zaal

Amr kir seesit u shesht saal
Amr kir seesit u shesht saa

Heezh bichuuka, t'ifaal,
Daayee himbees kir, bira maal
kardox
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:15 am

Hmmmm... NO they can't... Well I can't - I have tried ALL possible frequencies and Symbolrates-----> What now? CAN I watch it here in Norway? And it is DIGITAL right??? I mean I have digital satelite...

And I am supposed to get it in - but nothing happens... I have tried tens of different ways :?
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: dyaoko » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:17 pm

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then YOU WIN !
dyaoko
Shaswar
Shaswar
Founder
Founder
Site Admin
Site Admin

Highscores: 1
Arcade winning challenges: 1

Previous

Return to Kurdistan Debates, Articles and Analysis