Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

The Qarac in Kurdistan

Practice speaking Kurdish here, Don't be shy , Mijar û tewer bi Kurdî

The Qarac in Kurdistan

PostAuthor: talsor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:38 am

Not too sure , but I think Qarac can be translated to Gypsies .

i'm not too sure if this phenomena exist in othere part of Kurdistan beside the south

The are nomadic people travel from one village to another in tents and knocking on doors asking for food or money . Some actually settled in some villages , but never completly integrated in the kurdish society . The speak Kurdish , and mostly very dark (if not black ) , Very talented in music and reciting historical stories about Kurds and Kurdish heros .
one of the most famous Qarac I know is Hasan Ali xanjar who sings kurdish folk music .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

The Qarac in Kurdistan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: The Qarac in Kurdistan

PostAuthor: talsor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:43 am

OOPs , I think I posted this in the wrong section , please feel free to move it .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:15 am

talsor wrote:Not too sure , but I think Qarac can be translated to Gypsies .

i'm not too sure if this phenomena exist in othere part of Kurdistan beside the south

The are nomadic people travel from one village to another in tents and knocking on doors asking for food or money . Some actually settled in some villages , but never completly integrated in the kurdish society . The speak Kurdish , and mostly very dark (if not black ) , Very talented in music and reciting historical stories about Kurds and Kurdish heros .
one of the most famous Qarac I know is Hasan Ali xanjar who sings kurdish folk music .

Very interesting subject Kak talsor!!! there are domes and there are qaracs. I remember both used to come to our village each now and then. Domes were Kurdish culturally entirely. They were craftsmen in wood. Whenever they came to the village, they didn't ask anything for free, they made wooden things like spoons, bread rollers, doors, dishes and many other things. They sold them to the village. I remember most of house hold tools at home made from wood.

Qaracs were different and spoke different language. They also had skills like making gold dentures but they were extremely dishonest. They came to your door asking for food as they had the right to it and if the got a chance they would have stolen some thing. Whenever, they came to the village a state of emergency declared in the village.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Qamishlo » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Londoner wrote:Qaracs were different and spoke different language. They also had skills like making gold dentures but they were extremely dishonest. They came to your door asking for food as they had the right to it and if the got a chance they would have stolen some thing. Whenever, they came to the village a state of emergency declared in the village.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You know kak londoner, even in Qamishlo those qarac were thiefs wherever they found a chance.
I haven't seen them for a long time.May be they've changed their job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Qamishlo
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Londoner » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:54 pm

Qamishlo wrote:
Londoner wrote:Qaracs were different and spoke different language. They also had skills like making gold dentures but they were extremely dishonest. They came to your door asking for food as they had the right to it and if the got a chance they would have stolen some thing. Whenever, they came to the village a state of emergency declared in the village.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You know kak londoner, even in Qamishlo those qarac were thiefs wherever they found a chance.
I haven't seen them for a long time.May be they've changed their job :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kak Qamishlo, I think most of qaracs have moved to European Union, that is way you don't see them any more. There are a lot of regulations to protect them and they get a lot of financial help. Now they move around in expensive cars and caravans. In UK, they are known as travellers and they are as bad as they were in my village. Years ago almost all public bars had a notice on their doors, declaring that travellers were allowed in only by appointment. I don't see this notice any more. This is I think because it was illegal.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: talsor » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:13 pm

Does anyone knows their origin , any historical data about them ?

@kak londoner , I have never heard of domes , Which part of Kurdistan are you from if you do not mind me asking ?
Last edited by talsor on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: KCF » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:17 pm

talsor wrote:Does anyone knows their orgin , any historical data about them ?
That is very interesting. Let us open new thread about origin of members of our forum.????
KCF
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: talsor » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:53 am

KCF wrote:
That is very interesting. Let us open new thread about origin of members of our forum.????

Haval KCF

while I know that you have all the good intension , what you are asking for is very dangrous . We have members that live in middle east and revealing their identity could geperdize their lives because of their views . Remember that most Kurdish sites are forums are monitored by Turkey/iran/Iraq/Syria .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: KCF » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:30 am

talsor wrote:
KCF wrote:

Haval KCF

while I know that you have all the good intension , what you are asking for is very dangrous . We have members that live in middle east and revealing their identity could geperdize their lives because of their views . Remember that most Kurdish sites are forums are monitored by Turkey/iran/Iraq/Syria .

I know it. Well brother, I just wanted to understand about tribes.
KCF
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Londoner » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:34 am

talsor wrote:Does anyone knows their origin , any historical data about them ?

@kak londoner , I have never heard of domes , Which part of Kurdistan are you from if you do not mind me asking ?

Kak Talsor I grew up during my teen times mainly in Deshti Qeraj South to Qerechoogh mountain near Makhmoor, south of Capital. I also spent some of my teen years near Koya. It is very interesting you haven't heard of domes. They are very well known from Koya to Makhmoor. Gipsies originate from Indian subcontinent. In UK, they still use their original language. When they count, you could mistakenly think they are Kurds. :D
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: talsor » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:29 am

Londoner wrote:
talsor wrote:Does anyone knows their origin , any historical data about them ?

Kak Talsor I grew up during my teen times mainly in Deshti Qeraj South to Qerechoogh mountain near Makhmoor, south of Capital. I also spent some of my teen years near Koya. It is very interesting you haven't heard of domes. They are very well known from Koya to Makhmoor. Gipsies originate from Indian subcontinent. In UK, they still use their original language. When they count, you could mistakenly think they are Kurds. :D

Sadly I spend most of Youth among Arabs and Turkmen , We were amoung the families deported to Arab areas . I visited most of Bahdinan side in my last visit and this year (2009) I will spend sometime visiting soran side of southren kurdistan .

very interesting info , Thanks .
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Return to Chat Kurdi