Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Words Without Borders : Kurdish Literature

A place for talking about art such as Kurdish Movies, painting, sculpture, photography، novelist...

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:34 pm

Words Without Borders is a magazine devoted to international literature. The January issue is about Kurdish Writers :

This month we present writing by Kurdish authors. Writers from the various regions and dialects of Kurdistan consider questions of nation, language, and identity, providing fresh perspectives on this ancient culture and its contemporary conflicts. Bakhtiyar Ali describes an assassin's tipping point. On her deathbed, Yavuz Ekinci's widow remembers the true love of her youth. Murathan Mungan draws on the Kurdish oral tradition. Alber Sabanoglu surveys recent writing about the history of Kurds in Turkey. Prominent poet Abdulla Pashew blends political and personal longing, then discusses the moral power of poetry with Ziad Rashad. Murat Özyaşar feels a shock of recognition. Kajal Ahmad delineates a politics of the body, Hama Jaza aches for freedom, and Jamal Khambar mourns the victims of honor killings. In our special section of Polish literary reportage, Paweł Smoleński interviews a painter in Iraqi Kurdistan, Witold Szablowski tours a Banga shipyard, and Andrzej Stasiuk explores Kyrgyzstan. And in the third installment of "Spirit Summoning," Sakumi Takama's fake mediums get a real surprise.

Read more… : http://wordswithoutborders.org/issue/january-2014
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Words Without Borders : Kurdish Literature

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:37 pm

Piling wrote:Image

Words Without Borders is a magazine devoted to international literature. The January issue is about Kurdish Writers :

This month we present writing by Kurdish authors. Writers from the various regions and dialects of Kurdistan consider questions of nation, language, and identity, providing fresh perspectives on this ancient culture and its contemporary conflicts. Bakhtiyar Ali describes an assassin's tipping point. On her deathbed, Yavuz Ekinci's widow remembers the true love of her youth. Murathan Mungan draws on the Kurdish oral tradition. Alber Sabanoglu surveys recent writing about the history of Kurds in Turkey. Prominent poet Abdulla Pashew blends political and personal longing, then discusses the moral power of poetry with Ziad Rashad. Murat Özyaşar feels a shock of recognition. Kajal Ahmad delineates a politics of the body, Hama Jaza aches for freedom, and Jamal Khambar mourns the victims of honor killings. In our special section of Polish literary reportage, Paweł Smoleński interviews a painter in Iraqi Kurdistan, Witold Szablowski tours a Banga shipyard, and Andrzej Stasiuk explores Kyrgyzstan. And in the third installment of "Spirit Summoning," Sakumi Takama's fake mediums get a real surprise.

Read more… : http://wordswithoutborders.org/issue/january-2014

Thank you Piling for brilliant link :ymapplause:

Extract from Sudden Sorrow:

There is not a night I don’t dream of punishments and executions
There is not a day I don’t catch sorrow from the hands of my enemies

Sorrow becomes my guest, in the square frame of my room
So now, I bemoan my life and my existence
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Return to Art Cafe (Movies, Novels,Paintings, ...)