Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

My Sweet Pepper Land

A place for talking about art such as Kurdish Movies, painting, sculpture, photography، novelist...

My Sweet Pepper Land

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Plot :
Baran, a Kurdish independence war hero, is now sheriff in Erbil, the capital city. No longer feeling useful in this society now at peace, he thinks about quitting the police force, but instead agrees to be stationed in a small valley, at the very borders of Iran, Turkey, and Iraq. It is a lawless territory, right at the heart of illegal drug, medication and alcohol trafficking. Having arrived in the small village, he refuses to bow down to Aga Azzi, the seriously corrupt tribal chief and absolute ruler of the area. Baran meets Govend, the village school teacher, who is also rejected by the villagers. Like Baran, she represents another law, that of the young and autonomous Kurdish state. Govend is all the more vulnerable as she is not a married woman.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2875926/

In Parisian cinemas since 8 days. Many praising critics.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

My Sweet Pepper Land

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: My Sweet Pepper Land

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:10 pm

Piling wrote:http://youtu.be/0Vi1ZJCKCCo

Plot :
Baran, a Kurdish independence war hero, is now sheriff in Erbil, the capital city. No longer feeling useful in this society now at peace, he thinks about quitting the police force, but instead agrees to be stationed in a small valley, at the very borders of Iran, Turkey, and Iraq. It is a lawless territory, right at the heart of illegal drug, medication and alcohol trafficking. Having arrived in the small village, he refuses to bow down to Aga Azzi, the seriously corrupt tribal chief and absolute ruler of the area. Baran meets Govend, the village school teacher, who is also rejected by the villagers. Like Baran, she represents another law, that of the young and autonomous Kurdish state. Govend is all the more vulnerable as she is not a married woman.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2875926/

In Parisian cinemas since 8 days. Many praising critics.

I believe that what we see in the promo video gives us great insight into the realism employed throughout the entire film :D

Golshifteh Farahani is a beautiful lady of many talents :ymapplause:

phpBB [video]
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Return to Art Cafe (Movies, Novels,Paintings, ...)