Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Last movie / video you liked

A place for talking about art such as Kurdish Movies, painting, sculpture, photography، novelist...

Re: Last movie you liked

PostAuthor: Benny » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:41 pm

I did not know about "The Bureau" before, thank you for the tip!

While we are on the subject - French tv-series - I am a BIG fan of "Un village francais"
(A French Village). In my humble opinion, a fantastic production! Like the title says, it is about a small French village during World War 2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un_village_français

/B

Benny
Shermin
Shermin

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: European

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 am

Another good French series is Les Revenants :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Revenants_(TV_series)

Stephen King praised it. The US adaptation is not so nice.

Generally I don't like this way that have Americans to "americanize" some good series. For example, Hatufim, a real good Israelian series becoming Homeland…

And the original Danish version of The Killing is great. I could not watch more than 2 episodes of the American one. They are better in their own creations.

The Belgian "Beauséjour" is fine also :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_Beau_S%C3%A9jour

Beside, most of series about a teenager who is missing or killed has Twin Peaks for original pattern : The Top of the Lake ( New Zealand), Beauséjour, The Killing, Broadchurch… Lynch is the master of the "genre", others are only followers.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:46 am

And the original Danish version of The Killing is great. I could not watch more than 2 episodes of the American one.

I loved the Danish version of 'The Killing' but I too found the American version unwatchable :shock:

I cannot think of any American programs I like, especially American comedy :ymsick:

The only thing America produced that I actually enjoy is 'Star Trek' yes I am a Trekkie :D
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:31 am

I liked Game of Thrones, because I am a fan of the books, but when the seasons stops to follow the novels' story (because Martin is so SLOW to write the tome 6) and wrote their own scenario, I let it, it became only a show of sex and blood, without the political cleverness of the saga.

The 1st season of True Detective was great. I did not watch the 2nd one which has nothing to do with the 1st story.

Another good series : The Fall. Not for Gillian Anderson (all the red-haired charm of sturdy Scully faded away when she became an anorexic blondie) but for the character of Paul Spector (Jamie Dornan) who wrote the most beautiful bullet journal ever :lol:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:41 pm

I read a brilliant detective novel but when they turned it into a series they changed the ginger haired assistant into a black man :shock:

Much of the humor in the book came from the ginger haired assistant unable to hide his facial expressions and blushes, which meant his boss could read him like a book and never had to wait for a verbal answer =))

They turned a great book into a rubbish series X(

How dare they swap a lovely fun filled ginger haired man for an emotional-less back man with all the charm of a dead slug X(

This is racial/colour discrimination against Ginger Haired people X( X( X(

Signed: Ginger - haired liberation front
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:25 pm

Looks as though we have not watched a good film in years :))

Probably a good reason for that is that there are few good films in recent years

I like a film to have:

A GOOD STORY

GOOD ACTORS
    (across the age range)

A BEGINNING

A MIDDLE

AN ENDING
What to most new films contain:

Rubbish stories

Bad actors
    (most seem to be in their 20s)

Violence
    (lots of blood)

Computer graphics

Sex leaving little to the imagination X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:38 pm

The Bride of Habaek

The Bride of Habaek is a brilliant South Korean television drama

The series aired on cable channel TV during 2017, I found it on YouTube

When the god of the Land of Water, Lord Ha-baek (Nam Joo-hyuk) visits earth to retrieve the sacred stones needed for him to claim the throne of the Divine Realm, he seeks out the help of neuropsychiatrist So-ah (Shin Se-Kyung), the only remaining descendant from a middle-class family fated to serve him for generations.

Because she doesn't believe he's a god and mistakes him for suffering from a mental illness, she initially resists him. However, after she meets the god of the Land of the Sky, Bi-ryeom, (Gong Myung), the goddess of the Land of Water, Mu-ra (Krystal), and the demigod Hu-ye (Lim Ju-hwan), she decides to aid him in his quest.

I found it to be one of the most enjoyable TV series I have ever watched and strongly recommend it

There are subtitles in both English and Turkish
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: Last movie / video you liked

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:01 am

60163 Tornado - Absolutely Chuffed

An extended and updated version of the double award-nominated BBC programme following the building of the 50th Peppercorn Class A1 steam locomotive, No. 60163 ‘Tornado'

Follow the key players, from the original inspirational idea to the running of the Royal Train, with frank interviews and fly-on-the-wall filming, culminating with spectacular footage of the engine in action.

It was the project that took eighteen years, cost three million pounds and finally proved that in railway preservation, anything is possible! This superb documentary film takes an in-depth look at the construction of the 50th Peppercorn Class A1 steam locomotive, No. 60163 ‘Tornado’. It is an amazing tale of teamwork, co-operation, skill and sheer hard work a dream that became a reality and defied the critics who said it could never be done.

A design once lost to the scrapman’s torch – what happened when someone had the idea to build a brand new one for service on the UK’s main line? Follow the key players with frank interviews and fly on the wall filming. Culminating with spectacular footage of the engine in action, Absolutely Chuffed: From Dream to Steam is the incredible tale of a project that made the world sit up and watch. A story of skill, determination and dedication steeped in the tradition that made Britain famous!

phpBB [video]

Direct Link if Video Fails to Appear Above:

https://youtu.be/c-CbY2d3O1c?si=aJrQFYPjeEyhm0Xe
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Previous

Return to Art Cafe (Movies, Novels,Paintings, ...)