Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Chris Kutschera is dead

A place for talking about art such as Kurdish Movies, painting, sculpture, photography، novelist...

Chris Kutschera is dead

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:09 am

His true name was Paul Maubec. Chris Kutschera was the commercial name of the team that he made with her wife Edith. She took the pictures, he wrote books and papers.

He was a very kind and nice man. Here is the video about his last project : The Photo Library of Kurdistan

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/Dbaq57KylJI
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

Chris Kutschera is dead

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Chris Kutschera is dead

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:50 am

From the way you write Paul Maubec must have been a close friend of yours

I am sorry for your lose and the loss to Kurds

Until recent years, there were probably only a handful of non-Kurdish French people who had any interest at all in Kurds or Kurdistan

The video was excellent

Sad that such a caring man has died - the world dose not have enough people who care, especially about the Kurds
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Re: Chris Kutschera is dead

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:02 pm

Condolences expressed after death of journalist who spotlighted Kurds

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — The death of French journalist renowned for his work in Kurdistan, drew a letter of condolence penned from the President of the Region to Chris Kutschera’s widow.

“On behalf of myself and all the people of Kurdistan, I extend my condolences to you and Chris Kutschera’s relatives and friends,” reads a letter penned from Masoud Barzani to Chris Kutschera’s wife, Edith Kutschera.

Chris Kutschera’s journalistic work in Kurdistan spanned decades, most recently writing books titled ‘The Long March of the Kurds: 40 years of history in the making’ and ‘The Kurdish National Movement.’

“I was deeply saddened to hear about the death of your husband, Chris Kutschera, a historian and a great writer,” Barzani expressed of the 79-year-old, who passed away on Monday

His work permeated throughout the stateless Kurdish nation, covering Kurds in Turkey, Iran and what is now the Kurdistan Region. He photographed the aftermath of the Anfal and Halabja genocides, as well as other atrocities carried out by Iraq’s former Baathist regime against the Kurdish minority.

“He was a great friend of the people of Kurdistan. He played a great role in making the Kurds known to the outside world through his writing, books and research on the Kurds and Kurdistan,” Barzani added.

Read more : http://www.rudaw.net/english/people-places/05082017

Chris Kutschera website (in English) : https://www.chris-kutschera.com/A/Kurdistan-summary.htm
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

Return to Art Cafe (Movies, Novels,Paintings, ...)