Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

BAN the BURKA and make people show their faces

Discuss about the world's headlines

Re: BAN BURKA and make people show their faces

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:10 pm

Paris restaurant 'refuses to serve Muslim women'

A video showing a restaurateur in a Paris suburb apparently refusing to serve two Muslim women has sparked anger in France and calls for protest.

In the video, widely shared on social media, the man tells the hijab-wearing women: "Terrorists are Muslims and all Muslims are terrorists."

The incident took place at Le Cenacle restaurant in Tremblay-en-France on Saturday night.

On Sunday, the man apologised to a group who had gathered outside.

He said he had "got out of hand" due to the current tensions around the issue of wearing burkinis on French beaches, but also because he had a friend who had died at the Bataclan concert centre attack last November, Le Parisien reported (in French).

Anthea: Any restaurant owner should have the legal right to refuse to serve anyone they deem to to be undesirable or may cause distress to other diners :D

The video inside the restaurant appears to have been covertly filmed by one of the women.

Anthea: I have never covertly filmed a trip to a restaurant and neither would these 2 females were they not planning to cause some form of disruption

Another thing that does not make sense:

Muslims eat halal food - if the restaurant advertised halal food then surely it would expect Muslims clients

If the restaurant did not advertise halal food it would not be suitable for Muslims to dine in

I think these females intentionally went there to cause trouble

"We don't want to be served by racists," one of them said.

The man retorted: "Racists don't kill people."

He also said: "I don't want people like you at my place. Full stop."

The local police station confirmed to L'Express newspaper that police had attended the restaurant, but refused to confirm whether a complaint had been filed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37209605
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:11 am

Burkini Britain: After the French ban, the startling image of Burkas on Brighton beach has split UK opinion. Is it a symbol of repression or a sign of Muslim women's growing freedom

Can there be a nicer place to relax on a sweltering August afternoon than a traditional English beach, dipping your toes in the frothy waves? Few pleasures are as reassuringly predictable as the world of candy floss, donkey rides and Kiss Me Quick hats.

But times are changing. On English beaches today, mixed in among the usual skimpy bikinis, you're also increasingly likely to see burkinis. X(

So named because they resemble the burka, these are full-body swimming costumes with a hood, favoured by some Muslim women — a form of Islamic dress that covers the entire body.

When we visit Brighton's seafront, in stark contrast to the hundreds of other females flashing their flesh around them, a group of Muslim women attract attention. A young woman wearing a navy blue burkini paddles in the surf with a group of female relatives, all dressed in flowing black robes and headscarves.

She shrieks with delight as a wave splashes over her knees and soaks her fabric-covered legs, and her companions laugh happily. A blonde toddler walking past with her mother points and stares.

When asked about their outfits, one of the hijab-wearing women says in hesitant English: 'I don't really want to speak about it . . . I understand the issue with France [where the burkini remains banned save for one resort town where a French court overturned the ruling] but I don't feel happy about being the one to talk about it.'

Further west, on Newquay's golden sands in Cornwall, there are more burkinis. Seemingly oblivious to curious onlookers, three women, dressed head-to-toe in black, their legs, arms, bodies and hair swathed in dark fabric, splash around in the water, only their faces exposed to the hot midday sun.

These striking images can't fail to halt you, however momentarily — a most visible sign that Britain's society has changed more in the past 20 years than could once possibly have been imagined. It follows, then, that the rise of the burkini in Britain is, to some, a divisive issue.

The garments — mostly donned by Muslim women as part of their conservative religious dress code and designed to cover the body without being too close fitting — can be seen on beaches and in swimming pools from Birmingham to Bedfordshire, London to Leicester.

They're on sale at middle-class High Street retailers such as Marks & Spencer and House of Fraser and are proving so popular that many ranges (such as the two burkinis launched online at M&S earlier this year) have already sold out.

But while approximately 150,000 are purchased every year in the UK, there's no denying that some still feel a frisson of concern when they see them. Supporters say burkinis are simply a new twist on existing Islamic dress, allowing Muslim women to swim without revealing their skin and compromising their faith (the conservative Islamic dress code – followed by the majority of but not all Muslims – requires both sexes to cover their bodies and dress 'modestly' in the presence of the opposite gender post-puberty).

The burkini is, its fans say, a practical solution that should be freely permitted.

However critics — including prominent Muslim writer Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, writing in this newspaper in April — have condemned the burkini as yet another example of the 'Islamification' of fashion, legitimising a super-conservative dress code that sanctions the oppression of women.

The makers of burkinis, they say, are complicit in an anti-woman version of Islam that believes women must be subjugated in public.

By wearing the burkini, critics believe Muslim women are choosing to stand out — making Western women, in their more revealing swimwear, feel self-conscious and 'immodest' by comparison.

All summer, controversy over the burkini has raged through Europe and beyond, with bans in many swimming pools in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and, contentiously, Morocco, where 99 per cent practise Islam. (There it was imposed on hygiene grounds, as women were said to be wearing 'outdoor' clothes in the pool.)

But it's in France where the controversy over the burkini is at fever pitch. There, racial and religious tensions are high after the deadly terror attack in Nice last month, and the burkini has been banned in more than 20 towns on its south-east coast, including Cannes, where the mayor branded it a 'symbol of Islamic extremism'.

This week, in pictures that shocked many, a woman was made to strip off a loose blue top to reveal a vest on a crowded beach, while another was threatened with pepper spray.

In Britain, there are no such bans. But while the response here to the French crackdown on the burkini has been broadly negative, opinion remains very much split.

At Birmingham's Moseley Road swimming pool, Sally Jones, 33, a receptionist, says she would find it 'quite scary' being in the water with women wearing burkinis — and it might make her stop using a particular pool if she saw them too often.

'I'd probably feel insecure — like they were judging me for not covering up,' she adds.

Teacher Megan Morrissey, 45, says she has been made to feel 'uncomfortable' for wearing normal swimwear on the beach in the presence of Muslim women in burkinis. 'I went to Morocco and people stared,' she explains. 'If I went again, I would cover up.'

Karel Krikava, 27, an accounts manager from Birmingham, goes further still — he thinks burkinis should be banned altogether.

'British women wear bikinis and there's nothing sexual about it,' he says. 'By refusing to wear them, Muslim women are creating a gap between themselves and the rest.'

Others, however, disagree. Ahmed Patel, 32, a shop assistant from Birmingham, encourages his wife to wear a burkini. 'I think they look good on women,' he says.

'My religion says that women should not wear bikinis. There's a big problem in the Muslim community with women not being able to swim, and these swimsuits can really help with that.'

Debbie Jenkins, 52, relaxing on the beach at Southend-on-Sea, Essex, agrees. 'Religious clothing has never bothered me,' she says. 'I think everyone has the right to wear what they want. I wouldn't personally wear one, but I don't think they're intimidating.'

And on Brighton beach, near those women splashing happily in burkinis and hijabs, Mike Hedger, who runs Brighton Beach Bikes, says: 'I don't have a problem with people wearing that. Each to their own. Crack on and enjoy yourselves.

'I think France has a lot more problems than we do and I understand their reaction to it without saying it's right. But we are a bit more inclusive and relaxed here.'

At York Hall leisure centre in East London, which holds 'women-only' swimming sessions three times a week, Lorraine Russell, 37, says she doesn't think burkinis are flattering, but adds: 'My sister, who is a Muslim, wore one on holiday. And why not? She wanted to swim like everyone else. She was delighted when she found it on sale in M&S.'

There is a striking similarity between the burkini and the early 20th century bathing dresses and 'beach pyjamas', made from woven wool, which were designed to cover the skin for similar reasons: to preserve bathers' modesty while in the water.

Indeed, some would say that it's less offensive to be demurely dressed than to be clad in the dental-floss style thong bikinis favoured by many young females today.

And it seems that the idea of shrouding your skin on the beach clearly still holds some appeal — even to non-Muslim women, who are also, surprisingly, increasingly buying burkinis.

Nigella Lawson was one of the first, hitting the headlines in 2011 for donning a £69.99 all-black burkini while taking a dip on Bondi Beach in Australia. She insisted she wasn't trying to conceal her curvy size 16 figure, but rather that her then-husband Charles Saatchi preferred her skin pale and untanned.

Indeed, sun protection has also fuelled the rise of the burkini, as they offer 90 per cent UV protection.

Kausar Sacranie, CEO of Modestly Active, the Islamic sports brand where Nigella bought her burkini, says 35 per cent of her customers are non-Muslim, while Aheda Zanetti, 48, the Lebanese-Australian designer who invented the burkini, has 45 per cent non-Muslim clients.

'One of the biggest reasons women buy the burkini is to protect against UV rays and skin cancer,' Aheda explains. 'They [also] might not be comfortable wearing a bikini because of their size.'

Since the French ban, she says orders from non-Muslims have increased by 200 per cent, as they rush to show their support for the burkini.

But women who wear them for religious reasons say it's not so straightforward. After all, to them the burkini isn't just a fashion accessory. Many report being subjected to verbal and physical abuse while in their burkinis.

Maryam Ouiles, a Muslim from Gloucester, wears the burkini to play with her children at the beach and at swimming pools, and says she has been subjected to 'outrageous' comments from strangers who have told her to uncover herself or leave the area.

'When did it become a crime to cover yourself?' she asks. 'People are always complaining that Muslims should integrate more, but when we join you for a swim, that's not right either. Why is it necessary for us to show off our bodies when we don't want to?'

Shelina Janmohamed, author of Love In A Headscarf — the story of her quest to find a partner — and vice president of Islamic branding agency Ogilvy Noor, believes the burkini has become a flashpoint for racial and religious tensions in Britain and abroad.

'Muslim women feel as though they are bearing the brunt of current hostility to Muslims,' she explains. 'There's a rising sentiment of anti-Muslim hatred, and women have become the focus of this anger.

'The burkini is essentially a little mini dress with leggings or trousers underneath and a cap on top — so it seems to be less about the form of clothing and more about what people see it representing.'

And what it represents, for some, is division — an indication that Muslims, whether British-born are not, are refusing to embrace the ways of living and dressing native to this country. Burkinis are seen as evidence that those of the Islamic faith are refusing to integrate.

Jack Mills, 84, who has run the Brighton Smokehouse for 18 years with his wife Linda, is close to where burkini and hijab-clad women are playing in the surf. He says the sight of burkinis could be offensive.

'It's not a British sight at all. I don't think the British people are getting used to it and I think people are getting more racist.

'We hear a lot of comments in the shop. People daren't say what they think because they're scared of the law. We are the ones who are racist if we say anything at all. People should integrate better but they're not going to are they?'

But experts say we shouldn't see burkinis as evidence of segregation; rather as a sign that Muslim women, who may previously have led highly domestic sheltered lives, are at last integrating more fully with Western society.

Esmat Jeraj, a campaigner at Citizens UK, says the argument that the burkini is a symbol of repression 'needs to be turned on its head'.

'A lot of women wear it by choice,' she says. 'If the burkini enables women to go and sit on the beach and enjoy the sunshine, surely that should be encouraged. It helps ensure these women are no longer on the margins.'

Emma Tarlo, professor of anthropology at Goldsmiths University of London and author of Visibly Muslim: Fashion, Politics, Faith, agrees: 'Far from being a retrograde form of traditional dress, the burkini is a modern form of swimwear,' she says.

'Many women from Asian backgrounds — Muslim, Hindu and Sikh — have been swimming in British pools and the sea in cumbersome makeshift outfits consisting of leggings and long tunics for years.

'Others have felt they cannot enter the water. Viewed this way, the burkini is a socially-inclusive design that encourages more people to swim.'

Whatever your point of view, burkinis don't come cheap — prices range between £44.99 and £69.99.

But the high price point is pitched perfectly to appeal to a new breed of wealthy, middle-class Muslim women — a growing section of society that has become a target for UK retailers.

'Nowadays Muslim women want to be full participants in British life and have middle-class lifestyles, but since no one catered to them before, they weren't able to,' explains Shereen Sabet, 46, a microbiologist-turned-fashion designer, whose company Splashgear is the biggest global seller of modest swimwear.

'The mainstream economy has discovered just how much disposable income and buying power Western Muslim families have.'

And where demand grows, the market will inevitably follow. Previously relegated to niche religious clothing manufacturers, Islamic fashion is now mainstream — the global market is predicted to be worth £200 billion by 2020.

And with an increasing Muslim population in England and Wales —recent figures put it at 3.1 million (5.4 per cent of the total population) — it's logical that retailers are seeing a boom in modest clothing such as burkinis.

John Lewis has started stocking hijabs (a scarf that covers the head and shoulders) as part of its school uniform range and Uniqlo and Mango offer high-necked, long-sleeved party dresses to wear in the holy month of Ramadan.

Even high fashion has joined in, with Dolce & Gabbana offering a range of abayas (a loose-fitting cloak similar to a kaftan).

'We love sport, we want to swim, to go to the beach, but we also want to uphold what's important to us, and that's being covered,' explains Love In A Headscarf author Shelina.

'The more we see burkinis in Britain, the more people will understand that.

'We need to see Muslim women in burkinis and non-Muslim women in bikinis swimming side-by-side and — instead of judging one another — laughing together about how cold the water is.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eedom.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:09 am

I HATE both Burkas and Burkinis and think that neither should be worn in the UK

Many Muslim women have died fighting to free themselves from oppression and those garments are a great part of that oppression - they also often hide a multitude of bruises given to them by husbands and assorted other family members

Burkas do not belong on family beaches as they frighten children and because we cannot see what is hidden beneath Burkas I would not get near them

MOST IMPORTANT

Brighton is one of the main ISIS UK targets and several ISIS threats have been received

At least one actual ISIS attack was prevented shortly before it took place

Counter-terror chiefs said they fear Brighton is at risk of a knife or gun rampage

Earlier this year terror attacks on London, Bath, Brighton and Ipswich foiled by surveillance drones

And those are just the thing that the security services are prepared to admit to
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:09 am

To those reading this who are not in England:

Brighton is famous for:
being the Gay Capital of the UK
having a large student population - GOOD
having a large number of drugs and drug dealers - BAD
having Kurdish Fish & Chip shops and Kurdish Kebab shops - GOOD
having a nudest beach noted for being sleazy and full of exhibitionists and perverts - BAD

No self-respecting Muslim who is so strict, that he insists the females of his family wear Burkas - would ever allow the females in his family to visit such an area - would never allow them into places where men walk along the roads kissing each other

Brighton stands for everything Muslims HATE so why are they there :shock:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: BAN the BURKA and make people show their faces

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:48 pm

Over 3/4 of UK population want the Burka banned :D

It is not a right-wing of left-wing ideology

It is the vast majority of the UK population

In my experience - this is NOT restricted to the white population but includes the afro-Caribbean population (who are strongly anti-Islamic as their ancestors came here to rebuild UK not to alter it) and members of the long established UK Islamic community are more than 90% against the use of the Burka
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:39 pm

Muslim family ‘treated like aliens, branded terrorists’ on trip to English seaside town

A Muslim family say they were accused of being terrorists and stared at as if they were “some kind of aliens” while on holiday at the Lincolnshire seaside town of Skegness.

The group of 12, seven of whom were wearing hijabs, visited the town for the first time last week and say they will not be returning.

One woman reported her experiences to Tell MAMA, an organization that records Islamophobic hate crimes in the UK.

“Once we reached the main area where there were shops, we noticed a lot of people just staring at us as if we were some form of aliens. It didn’t really bother us until we walked past the pub and a man shouted ‘terrorists,’” she said.

“As we went to the beach again, a lot of people continuously stared at us. We just smiled back, but it made us think how ignorant these people are.

“We then went to buy some seaside ‘rock’ and the lady at the shop said, ‘Don’t you get hot in them?’ referring to our hijabs. My sister replied ‘no’ and [said] they were not that thick and showed her the material of her hijab. She did not say anything after that and we left the shop.”

She added: “It really made us sad and made us miss the area we are from and also made us reflect on how different people are in England. It opened my eyes to the nasty comments Muslims get.”

Tell MAMA told local media it is concerned about the way the family was treated.

The family will not be returning back to Skegness and such incidents will no doubt impact on wider perceptions within Muslim communities around areas.

“This is also worrying since communities need to feel comfortable around each other in our country, rather than feeling polarized. We are sure that the people of Skegness are not reflected through the actions of a few.”

The organization says the effect of Islamophobic abuse on Muslim women, especially those wearing head scarves, had become so bad many women can no longer conduct their day-to-day activities.

It says it recorded a 326 percent rise in incidents of anti-Muslim hate crime last year, from 146 incidents to 437.

https://www.rt.com/uk/357915-muslim-ter ... tell-mama/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:22 am

If someone looks different to the norm other people will look at them

If someone does not want to be stared at then it is up to that person to make more of an effort to blend in

If Muslims do not want to blend in and join in with the British way of life they should not come here

Until recent years, Muslims came to the UK to escape from growing Islamic fundamentalism and increasing female oppression

Muslims ladies - apart from Arab females - all wore brightly coloured Salwar Kameez - almost the only Muslim women who wore Burkas were those whose husbands came under the influence of the British hating ISIS loving Anjem Choudary

I speak from personal experience as an owner of a selection of brightly coloured Salwar Kameez - and a person who has attended a great many Muslims functions over the years

Not only do previous generations Muslims not want this recent influx of ISIS loving fundamentalists Muslims here - they are seriously afraid of them :shock:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:34 am

The part that is never mentioned in the media - is the fact that groups of young single Muslim males go to the beaches and stare at British women in the swimwear

They laugh and joke in their own languages - often passing comments that I am certain are both vulgar and racist

While this is a comparatively new phenomenon - it is an increasingly prevalent one X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:50 pm

Now the burka is banned... by ISIS! Terror group outlaws the Islamic garb from their buildings because they are a SECURITY RISK

ISIS has outlawed veils at their security centres in Mosul, northern Iraq
Previously women have been beaten or even killed for not wearing outfits
Last month, women in a liberated city were pictured burning their burkas

ISIS has outlawed the burka at their security centres in a northern Iraqi city, despite previously brutally enforcing a law requiring them to be worn.

The terror group have banned women entering the buildings in Mosul while wearing the full-face covering after a number of commanders were killed by veiled women.

Previously women in Syria and Iraq have been beaten or even killed by ISIS's 'morality police' for not wearing a veil to conceal their body and eyes.

The website Iran Front Page were informed of the ban by a source in Nineveh, Iraq, on Friday.

The normal strict dress code implemented by ISIS forces all women to be covered from head to toe in black.

Women in the rest of Mosul except for the security centres, and in all other areas controlled by ISIS, will still have to abide by the strict dress code, it is understood.

Last month, women were pictured celebrating the liberation of the Syrian city of Manbij by burning the sombre outfits.

One girl grabbed the black burka she was wearing and pulled it off her head to reveal her face, an act which would have seen her severely punished under ISIS.

Meanwhile another group of youngsters can been dancing around a burqa that has been discarded on the ground and left to burn.

The celebrations came as thousands of people displaced by the fighting with ISIS returned to Manbij after driving out the terror group.

The loss of Manbij, occupied by Islamic State since early 2014, was a big blow to the militants as it is of strategic importance.

The town served as a conduit for the transit of foreign jihadists and provisions from the Turkish border.

There were similar celebrations in Abu Qalqal, in Aleppo, northern Syria.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:28 am

I would like to see a total ban on both the Burka and Sharia Law in UK

What sort of man turns his wife into a black rubbish sack?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:49 pm

In UK, after protests claiming 'BURQA 4 FRANCE' I wonder if the same brainless bats are going to exige 'BURQA 4 MOSUL' :lol:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:29 pm

French court sparks outrage after ruling burkinis should still be banned

A court on the French island of Corsica has upheld the burkini ban issued by a local mayor despite a higher court squashing it in Paris last month.

A judge in the town of Bastia upheld the decision to ban the burkini from beaches in the Corsican resort town of Sisco because it had disrupted public order.

Mayor Ange-Pierre Vivoni's decision followed a public brawl on a ban on 16 August three days after three Morroccan residents fought with other locals after reports emerged that people had been taking photographs of a woman wearing the swimsuit.

It followed a ruling by the Council of State court which said the bans illegally violated the basic freedoms of women to wear what they wanted and could only be imposed unless there was a "proven risk of disruptions to public order".

The unnamed judge said: "Given the events of 13 August, the presence of a woman wearing a swimsuit covered by the ban of 16 August in certain circumstances can generated an averse risk to public order which is up to the mayor to prevent".

He said it was clear "emotion had not declined" since the incident.

Mr Vivoni told Agence France Presse he thought the ruling was a "relief for me and my fellow residents and even, I believe, for the whole of Corsica".

Video shows French women being ordered out of sea for wearing burkini

He insisted he was "not against anyone" and "everyone could live in Sisco" but there was a "risk of people dying" if the ban was not in place.

But the move has provoked fresh anger amid accusations politicians needed are "stoking this obsession" in Corsica.

Others have compared the ruling to South African apartheid.

The measure provoked outrage around the world when the first ban was announced by the Mayor of Cannes, David Lisnard, on 12 August.

The local council said the move was to prohibit "beachwear ostentatiously showing a religious affiliation while France and places of religious significance are the targets of terror attacks".

Following his announcement a string of other French resort towns followed him in banning the full length swimsuit which covers the head amid mounting tensions after Nice became the latest city to be hit by a devastating Islamist terror attack on Bastille Day.

The country has heavily criticised after photos of armed French police officers forcing women to remove their burkinis on beaches with many pointing out the similarity with countries like Iran or Saudi Arabia who force women to wear "modest" Islamic dress.

France has a long tradition of secularism in public places and many feel the visible presence of Islamic dress threatens this.

It previously banned the headscarf from all state schools in 2004 and former President Nicolas Sarkozy banned the niqab - or a full faced veil - from all public places in 2011.

In April 2016, French prime minister Manuel Valls, called for the veil ban to be extended to all publicly funded universities and said the majority of French people think Islam is incompatible with the values of the Republic.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 29071.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:19 am

How Iran Conned the Internet Into Believing a Fake ISIS Story

An Iranian rumor has conned the internet into believing that ISIS banned the burqa at security checkpoints in Mosul, Iraq after attacks on militants by veiled women.

The claim proliferated everywhere from the International Business Times to Britain’s Daily Mail to the U.S. News and World Report and even Foreign Policy over the last few days, seldom mentioning the source of the speculation and often combined with a sputtering caveat that the terrorist group still requires mesh over eyes and gloves to keep hands covered.

Enshrining a strict dress code for women was one of the first things ISIS did after taking over cities. Women were instructed to wear loose-fitting black abayas over their bodies, gloves to hide their hands, and niqabs with an extra layer of mesh to obscure their eyes, or risk getting dragged in by the morality police.

But there’s no hard proof that the terrorist group has backtracked even somewhat on its mandate for extreme coverage for women. And the burqa—a sack-like garment with a mesh eye covering common in Afghanistan—has never been pushed by ISIS or popular in Iraq, despite the pale blue-clad Afghan women accompanying some articles. In fact, it seems that the entire tale originated with Iranian state media, in an attempt to make ISIS look weak, less pious, or to capitalize on the burqini panic sweeping Europe.

Iran Front Page reported on September 4 that a source from Nineveh, Iraq told the Iranian-owned Arabic-language Al Alam News Network that the militant group banned niqab and burqa-clad women from security centers. It noted that the change came after "some fully veiled women killed a number of ISIS commanders and members in the past months." Iran's Western-focused propaganda outfit, PressTV, followed up with a similar story on September 5. It noted the hypocrisy of the terrorist group having killed insufficiently-veiled women before. Both articles mentioned that the alleged ban comes amid the controversy over the burqini in France.

Rumors of the ban all track back to an Iranian sources and subsequent articles brought little skepticism. (IraqiNews.com mentioned that a veiled woman killed two fighters in Sharqat, but just said the terrorist group asked fighters to be more alert.) Some even refer to the all-female Al Khansaa morality police force in Raqqa as ISIS’s “female fighters”—they’re not—rather than a group that performs functions that men, for modesty reasons, cannot.

Rasha Al Aqeedi, a Mosul native and research fellow at the Al Mesbar Studies and Research Center in Dubai, said the Tehran connection immediately raised a red flag.

“I’m thinking, why would anyone in Mosul contact an Iranian agency,” she told The Daily Beast.

Still, claims about ISIS-held territories are understandably hard to fact-check. Citizen journalists and activists can face death for communicating with the outside world, let alone with the rafida, or rejectors like Shia Muslims in Tehran. The difficulty is doubled in Mosul, where ISIS cut off internet access this summer and where all online communications must take place in internet cafes.

Al Aqeedi checked in with a friend in Mosul, operating under strict precautions to avoid attracting ISIS scrutiny.

“We have to be very very careful about how we communicate,” she said. “It’s a coded language kind of thing.”

The friend told her the ban was bullshit.

“She said, ‘I see you through a very tiny plate,’” Al Aqeedi said, the metaphor referring to the mesh netting ISIS requires women to wear over their eyes. “It’s an all-women cafe, and still she has to have it [the niqab] on.”

No one in Mosul wears the garment properly termed as the burqa, Al Aqeedi said. Even the niqab, a full-face covering that leaves a slit for the woman’s eyes, had only recently gained a limited popularity, she said. (It has increasingly supplanted traditional head coverings in Muslim communities worldwide thanks in part to Saudi Arabia’s export of Wahhabi Islam.

“The Afghani thing, no one ever wore that,” Al Aqeedi said.

There have been periodic rumors of men dressed in niqabs attacking militants, she added, though they have never been confirmed. An ISIS attacker, however, used the same tactic to attack a Shia mosque in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, dressing as a woman and killing two men who confronted him outside the mosque.

The Iranian rumor said the change was in response to attacks on militants, but in ISIS’s twisted apocalyptic theology, death on the front lines of the Islamic State is something to be welcomed, despite widespread internet rumors that the militants believe those killed by women don’t go to heaven. "They love death more than your love of life," the group reminded the West in its new magazine, Rumiyah, or “Rome,” released this weekend.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ce=twitter

I wonder exactly what the truth is 8-}
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:45 pm

Woman shorts are banned in some "Cités" by local thugs :

Police have arrested two men after they allegedly attacked three men in southern France, all because the women they were with were wearing shorts, according to reports.

The attack occurred in Toulon, in southern France, after a two couples, a friend, and three children were out for bike ride on Sunday afternoon.

The group was then confronted by "a dozen" youths, who insulted the women because of the short shorts they were wearing, reported the Var Matin newspaper.

The aggressors reportedly hurled "vulgar insults" at the women, prompting the three men in the group to react.

This resulted in a brawl between the aggressors and the three men in the group.

The females in the group were reportedly shoved to the ground, while it was their male companions who suffered the brunt of the attack.

One of the victims, a 33-year-old man, was sent to hospital and was ordered to take a month off work.

Another, aged 46, suffered a broken nose.

Two teenage children in the group were left suffering from "severe psychological trauma", reported BFM TV.

CCTV footage allowed police to track down and arrest two of the assailants, who were aged 17 and 19.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20160908/womens- ... ern-france

20 years ago no one could have imagined that summer clothing for women and girls could be a risk… 8-|
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Islamists Threaten British Shop Owners with 40 Lashes for Selling Alcohol

Whitechapel is on the outskirts of London, but it is an area where Muslims enforce Sharia law without any interference from British officials. On Saturday, they took it a step further and told shop owners in the area they will face 40 lashes if they continue to sell alcohol.

The protesters, including Anjem Choudary, the former leader of the Al-Muhajiroun group which was banned under terrorism laws, delivered warning letters to Muslim-owned businesses.

“The shops are run by Muslims and they know they are selling alcohol and they know the sale and consumption of alcohol is completely prohibited,” he said. “We cannot live among the non-Muslims and see this evil take place.”

Mizanur Rahman, organiser of the protest, said it had urged business owners to stop selling alcohol in breach of Muslim laws.

Mr Rahman said: “We want Sharia law to be enforced in Britain,” before adding that many of the Muslim owners had been “embarrassed and ashamed” when confronted about their alcohol sales, but had argued that it was an economic necessity.

In 2011, The Daily Mail did an exposé on these “Muslim patrols” and how the English government has not done anything to stop. Women are targeted if they do not wear a headscarf.

An Asian woman who works in a pharmacy in east London was told to dress more modestly and wear a veil or the shop would be boycotted.

When she went to the media to talk about the abuse she suffered, a man later entered the pharmacy and told her: ‘If you keep doing these things, we are going to kill you’.

These patrols plastered the area with posters to remind citizens it is a Sharia zone. Choudary was linked to these posters and claimed they had 50,000 people who would even pass out stickers to people with the reminders. However, no one received any severe punishment. Mohammed Hasneth, 18, was fined £100 for distributing the stickers. The Tower Hamlets Council said they would look into the matter, but only removed the posters.

On January 17, 2013, a YouTube video was released, believed to be taped on January 12 and 13 and showed Muslims harassing citizens in the area. One man told a woman she could not wear her skirt because it is a Muslim area. Another woman told the men she could not believe them when they told her they enforce Sharia Law in the area.

In other clips, gang members accost people for simply walking in front of a mosque and they also harass a man they perceive to be gay. They throw slurs at him and he is frightened for his life before he is able to leave unharmed.

On October 24, an American student was beaten and slashed by gangs in Whitechapel because he was drinking. The gang attacked Francesco Houyne, 22, and smashed a bottle of beer in his face. He suffered deep slash wounds and a chipped tooth. His face is permanently scarred and he did not know if he wanted to stay in London.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... l-alcohol/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to World