Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

In France, Officer Slain After Swapping Places With Hostage

Discuss about the world's headlines

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 am

All men are not equals. Some are scums ready to slaughter people in markets, some are ready to die for saving people…

PARIS — Swapping places with a woman being held hostage, the French police officer entered the supermarket where a gunman, claiming allegiance to the Islamic State, had already shot and killed two people on Friday.

While he did not carry a gun as he went inside, Lt. Col. Arnaud Beltrame did bring in his phone, which he left on a table with the line open so that his colleagues outside could listen in, according to Gérard Collomb, France’s interior minister.

The officer spent about two hours inside the Super U market facing the gunman, Radouane Lakdim, a 25-year-old French citizen born in Morocco, officials said.

After officers heard more gunshots through the phone, they rushed into the market and killed Mr. Lakdim. Colonel Beltrame, 44, who had been “seriously wounded” by gunfire, Mr. Collomb said, died overnight of his injuries.

Colonel Beltrame’s mother said that she knew it was her son inside the supermarket as soon as she heard that a lieutenant colonel had exchanged himself to free a hostage.

“I am not surprised that it was him,” she said in an interview with the French radio network RTL. “He has always been like this.” His mother, who was not named, described the officer as someone whose reason for being was to defend others’ lives. “He would tell me, ‘I am doing my job, Mom, that’s all,’” she added.

The officer’s brother, Cédric Beltrame, told RTL that he thought his brother had known he had little chance to survive when he decided to go inside the market. “He was very aware of what he was doing; he didn’t hesitate for a second,” Mr. Beltrame said.

France on Saturday mourned Colonel Beltrame’s death, with President Emmanuel Macron praising his courage and announcing that a national tribute would be organized in his memory.

read more : https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/24/worl ... trame.html

Arnaud Beltram was deeply religious himself, a Catholic. But obviously he has not the same God…
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: In France, Officer Slain After Swapping Places With Host

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:08 pm

I doubt the world will ever be free of ISIS :-s

The coalition bombing probably created more orphans than ISIS and each and every one of them is a ticking time-bomb

I believe there are many lone-wolf or small group attacks, that have been carried out but covered up under the guise of being perpetrated by people who have mental health problems
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Return to World