Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Happy thanksGGGiving day!

Discuss about the world's headlines

PostAuthor: ChiChalok » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:27 pm

Piling wrote:Wild pork is quite good, but pork is the most delicious meal... When I stay too long on ME, I am fed up with sheep and goat and I dream of SAUCISSON ! :lol:

Wine+ pork : I will never convert to islam...

and REAL cheese... i will never live in America :lol:

even if i wasnt a muslim i wouldnt eat pork :P .. no comment about how dirty it is .. [-( :| ](*,) :shock: [-X :-#
~CheeCh ... CheeCh~
ChiChalok
Ashna
Ashna

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: heval » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:33 pm

ChiChalok wrote:
Piling wrote:Wild pork is quite good, but pork is the most delicious meal... When I stay too long on ME, I am fed up with sheep and goat and I dream of SAUCISSON ! :lol:

even if i wasnt a muslim i wouldnt eat pork :P .. no comment about how dirty it is .. [-( :| ](*,) :shock: [-X :-#

I agree... that is a filthy animal.
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:42 pm

heval wrote:
ChiChalok wrote:

I agree... that is a filthy animal.

I third that...

Scientifically - it is PROVEN to be an unhealthy animal to eat...

It's blood contains more than natural amounts of bacterias - and it carries some bacteria which isn't found in any other of the animals we eat...

Besides... It has an amazing level of FAT in % comparison to ANY animal...

And apart from all this - it eats it's own shit... And it doesn't care for monogamy... :P

And if we are gonna go spiritual - Jesus DID send the evil spirits into it... :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

Nationality: Kurd

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:52 pm

How many people eat pork in the world ? Are they all died ? :lol:

I should have died 100 times :roll:

It is a religious taboo... perhaps in Ancient Mesopotamia, sure in Bible. There are a lot of forbiddent things in bible : camels, rabbits, etc...

But French are great kafirs :lol: We eat frogs (very good), snails (yeah !!) and oysters (I'am crazy of shells)...
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Diri » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:15 pm

Piling wrote:

It is a religious taboo... perhaps in Ancient Mesopotamia, sure in Bible. There are a lot of forbiddent things in bible : camels, rabbits, etc...

But French are great kafirs :lol: We eat frogs (very good), snails (yeah !!) and oysters (I'am crazy of shells)...

In Islam - everything from the Ocean - is Helal... Seafood - is Helal... BUT - not everybody can "make themselves" eat all there is from it... It's a matter of taste... But it is Helal - anything from the Ocean...
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:29 pm

OK for helal shell (I ate a lot in Istanbul) but I don't like helal meat :evil: It's dry... Juiced meat is healthy (full of iron, vitamins etc). Perhaps for that reason the best cookingin ME are chrisitians... Muslims don't like really meat, I think they are afraid of blood... :roll:

But let's start a polemic topic : in Kurdistan, food in restaurants are AWFUL. Just dryed kebab (of very old bezin) or dryed chicken, and bread and tomatoes... After 1 month in Kurdistan if you eat only in restaurant you become crazy. Do Kurds lack of "restaurant's culture ?"
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: ChiChalok » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:32 am

Piling wrote:

i had some carrots with me .. when i read ur message pling i stopped eating .. ewww frogs?? sheesh .. omg .. ahhhhhhhhhhhh :shock: what is there in the frog to eat?? eww .. the legs?? the tummy?? the ahhhhh .. gosh .. :shock:
~CheeCh ... CheeCh~
ChiChalok
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: heval » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:32 am

Piling wrote:

Well, you are not going to die 100 times (God forbid) but eating the animal is just really bad for your health. Pork contains unusually high levels of Enterococci bacteria, which is not a surprise considering that it's an animal who likes to sleep all day in it's own filth... :roll:
heval
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:32 am

When you are an eater of frogs and snails you resist to evreything, even pork ! :)

And for the moment, we have had some problems with cow (mad) and chicken (flu). So Pork seems now the best meal...

Cichalok : frog's leg only. There is nothing else to eat in an frog.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:36 pm

Piling wrote:OK for helal shell (I ate a lot in Istanbul) but I don't like helal meat :evil: It's dry... Juiced meat is healthy (full of iron, vitamins etc). Perhaps for that reason the best cookingin ME are chrisitians... Muslims don't like really meat, I think they are afraid of blood... :roll:

But let's start a polemic topic : in Kurdistan, food in restaurants are AWFUL. Just dryed kebab (of very old bezin) or dryed chicken, and bread and tomatoes... After 1 month in Kurdistan if you eat only in restaurant you become crazy. Do Kurds lack of "restaurant's culture ?"

Somthing being Helal doesn't mean that it is prepared in a special way, Piling... It simply means that it is "allowed" and Haram means "not allowed"... (The simle version)... But when you say you have prepared in a Helal way - it means you read a prayer and cut the animals throat - + holding it in a special way... Like making it bite it's tounge... And if it's a bigger animal - you tie it's feet together... Point is to make the animal suffer as little as possible... And doing it with the blessing of God... :roll:
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:47 pm

Somthing being Helal doesn't mean that it is prepared in a special way, Piling

For cow, sheep, goat, it eans that they cut the throat and let the beast bleed, until the flesh becomes dry. It is in the Bible : don't eat the blood, for the blood is the soul of living creatures.

But a big juicy bloody steaks is better than a dryed "tika" ! (inany case I HATE gos,tina bizin :evil: )...

Worse than eating frog's legs : in the village of Barzan, they served me the head of a kid goat, in which we had to eat brain... :cry:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Diri » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:56 pm

No... I love Kele û Parche - the bones and head of sheep/goat boiled... :)
Diri
Shaswar
Shaswar

PostAuthor: ChiChalok » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:23 pm

Diri wrote:No... I love Kele û Parche - the bones and head of sheep/goat boiled... :)

eww hehe ... i cant stand the smell at all .. when i went to kurdistan my aunt made it .. i left her house :cry: the smell was so bad :cry: :roll:
~CheeCh ... CheeCh~
ChiChalok
Ashna
Ashna

PostAuthor: Dilsad » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:14 pm

Well, Piling I used to live in France and used to go to halal butchers...
WEll, most of the customer were french for the same exact reasons you are complaining about ME meat. THey found (yes the FRENCH!!!oh my god!!!!) that the Halal meat was tastier and FRESHER...
Specially since france is loosing its butcher and giving room for Auchan and Match buthceries...

Anyways, as I said I am a muslim too, however, Diri, I have to admit that I don't really share your belief that an animal that is slaughtered in an islamic way is less in pain...

I think that a bullet in the head is less painfull for the animal.
SO yes when you compare it to the way the europeans :P probably used to slaughter an animal..."take this huge stone and hit the thing on the head" way...yes our way is less paifull.

But listen guys, in my opinion a meat being helal means that someone had to recite a prayer, in order to thank god for allowing us to take the life of an animal AND really for a hygien and health reason.

It basicaly means that if you haven't killed yourself an animal or if someone you trust hasn't killed an animal, don't eat it , becasue it could have been a road kill or a sick animal etc...

Now, talking about restaurant culture, I am sure that statistically Kurds go more out to restaurant than French...don't you think...

In 1999, I read a survey in which a comparaison was made between american and french people:
In average french go once a month to a restaurant
In average an american go 3 times a week to a restaurant

Now, in france we have relied and "reposes sur nos lauriers" for the past 50 years... about our culunary supremacy...but it is changing...

Now to go back to whether or not kurds have a restaurant culture, yes they do, now do you Piling like that food? May be not...

But I will never ever eat frogs, or donkey sausage! Or for god sake Snails, it's just disgusting :oops: neither will I ate goat head...that's just disgusting too...

oops sorry need to go to the bathroom...

Dilsad
Shermin
Shermin

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:27 pm

Et comment tu fais un steak saignant avec de la viande halal, toi ???

Now, talking about restaurant culture, I am sure that statistically Kurds go more out to restaurant than French...don't you think...

I don't say they don't go to restaurant, but Kurdish restaurants are awful... just Kebabxane, or Dönerxane... Kebab is the hamburger of the ME...

In 92, I ate in Diyarbakir. It was very good. But slowly slowly, restaurants disappeared, and Kebab/döner salonu replaced them... Bad. No Kurdish food anymore. In 2002, in Mardin, I remeùber I asked a dew in the restaurant just next to the Bikent Otel, they have not !!! A Kurdish restaurant without dew !!!

In Southern Kurdistan I can't tell when I went it was during the embargo. SO there was nothing to eat. But Tom who went there this summer found the food awful...

In Syria it is not bad not good. The best meal are not in restaurant but at home. And I think it is the case in all Kurdistan. You make delicious meal in people's home, but in restaurants, there are poor menu...

And if they have good wine they don't know to conserve it and to open the bottle :lol:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to World