Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Food and Health Room

a place for talking about food, specially Kurdish food recipes

Re: Food Room

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:57 pm

Piling wrote:No, it was my American/English cakes' time. I am also very interested by English and American cooks.

Me too :D

Especially the handsome single cooks :ymdevil:
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:54 am

My favorite cooks are Julia Child and Laurie Colwin :smile:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Piling wrote:My favorite cooks are Julia Child and Laurie Colwin :smile:

Sadly, neither of them are sexy men :-o
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:43 pm

I am not sure there are sexy male cooks. In France, they are all ugly. :-D
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:13 pm

I need a new man in my life:

Mature
    Honest
    Non-smoking
    Non-drinking
    Sense of humour
    Ability to cook an advantage
    Interest in all things Kurdish
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:18 pm

10 Home Remedies to Lose Belly Fat Without Exercise

Belly fat is something no one really wants to have. And if you stand with us, who have something, we have great news. These 10 home remedies will help you get a flat belly without exercise or diet!

Follow link below to YouTube video:
https://youtu.be/d7SkSSX1PSg

Garlic is the number one fat burning food :D

I eat lots of garlic O:-)

As a slimming aid it does NOT work X(

But it keeps vampires away :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:51 am

I love garlic also. I add some in most of my plates. :-D
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:40 am

Super fit 70-year-old reveals EXACTLY what it takes to stay in shape

Fitness fan Norma Williams says in the best shape of her life at the age of 70

The British expat, who lives in Italy, reveals how to stay 'toned from tip to toe'

She exercises seven days a week, has a small breakfast and skips lunch

But she still allows herself a glass of red wine and 'naughty snacks' every night
A woman who is in the best shape of her life at the age of 70 has revealed her tips on exactly how to stay 'toned from top to toe'.

Norma Williams, who is British but lives in Umbria, Italy, exercises seven days a week, skips lunch and keeps a close eye on her weight to ensure it stays around her 'ideal' 9st.

But Mrs Williams, who runs a holiday rental business, also enjoys a pastry for breakfast, daily 'naughty snacks' and has red wine every night.

Norma Williams, 70, pictured, who is British but lives in Umbria, Italy, exercises seven days a week, skips lunch and keeps a close eye on her weight to ensure it stays around her 'ideal' 9st

The 70-year-old lives with husband Laurie, 80, said looking good does not mean having supermodel proportions but is about being 'toned from top to toe'

The stunning 70-year-old, who lives with husband Laurie, 80, wrote an article on Quora about how to stay in shape in your later years.

While she admits she is blessed with a natural 'straight up and down' body type, she said looking good does not mean having supermodel proportions.

'For me, an excellent shape is an upright body without excess fat, a good waistline, a flattish front (some of us will always have a small tummy) and toned from tip to toe,' she explained.

'An excellent shape is not to be defined by height nor figure type. You can be small or tall. You can be curvy or straight up and down (my husband’s nickname for me when I’m tanned is "liquorish stick"). Or you can be anything in between.

'So, I am not talking fashion or glamour model stereo types here. I am talking about the body we all know to be great when we see it.'

Mrs William said her idea of an 'excellent shape' is an upright body without excess fat

The fitness fan exercises every day and has two 50-minute personal training sessions a week

Exercise

Mrs Williams has exercised daily since she was in her early 20s. She changes her exercise routine 'every few months', with her last regime including two 'highly strenuous' Zumba sessions a week plus a third 'personal training' Zumba session to ensure she got the most out of the class.

The fitness fan occasionally gives herself a day off if she is feeling tired or feels her weight is 'good'. Her current regime is as follows...

7.30am: Change into gym gear and fast walk 0.75 mile uphill and climb 60 steps. At the top, fast walk six 1 mile circuits. Walk the 0.75 mile home at a brisk pace.

At home, shower and change for the day.

Mid-morning: Second walk with husband Laurie, following same 0.75mile uphill and 60 steps route from earlier in the day. At the top, complete the 1mile circuit twice, at a slower pace. Walk 0.75mile back through the town.

Mrs Williams added: 'If I am overweight ie 0.5 kg (1.1lb) over my ideal weight of 60.5 kgs (9st 5lbs), I will repeat the [uphill walk and mile circuit].

Two days a week

7.30am: Change into gym gear and fast walk 0.75 mile uphill and climb 60 steps. At the top, complete two 1-mile circuits at a slower pace. Walk the 0.75 mile home through the town.

9am: Arrive at the gym for a 50-minute long session with a personal trainer. The trainer gives Mrs Williams varied exercises working her entire body.

Mrs Williams, pictured recently in Italy, has exercised daily since her early 20s but changes her routine every few months. She currently walks more than 2 miles every day

Norma enjoys croissant for breakfast, snacks after dinner and red wine every night

Diet

Late breakfast after exercise: Two cappuccinos and a large cornetto - a pastry similar to a croissant - with honey.

Mid afternoon snack: A banana, an orange and another piece of seasonal fruit.

Dinner: An example dinner would be chicken breast with carrots, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms in soya sauce, served in olive oil, sprinkled with seeds, cranberries and walnut pieces.

Other favourites include wholemeal pasta, salads and vegetables. She added: 'I love olive oil and drench everything in it! I also love thin crust Napoli pizza with anchovies but I only eat that once in a while.'

Snacks: Mrs Williams does not eat between meals but enjoys 'naughty snacks' after dinner. A typical snack selection includes: 2-3 packets of savoury biscuits, a packet of mixed walnuts and dried cranberries, up to six dark chocolate-covered rice biscuits and a tub of low fat/no sugar Greek yoghurt with a 'huge dollop of honey and more walnuts mixed into it'.

Drinks: Mrs Williams enjoys between half a bottle and a full bottle of red wine every night. She used to drink up to 1.5 bottles a night but has reduced her intake over the last three years and is continuing to do so. She never drinks wine before 7pm.

Mrs Williams skips lunch in favour of a dinner packed with protein and vegetables

Please follow link below for photos:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... shape.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:46 am

It's quite near to the Mediterranean diet, one of the healthiest way of life. Before, most of Kurds had this life in villages. Now, most of them are drinking soda and tea-syrup and take their car for 10 mn of walk.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:36 pm

Piling wrote:It's quite near to the Mediterranean diet, one of the healthiest way of life. Before, most of Kurds had this life in villages. Now, most of them are drinking soda and tea-syrup and take their car for 10 mn of walk.

Did you see Norma Williams' photos WOW

Kurds are not healthy - most of them smoke far too much, pour so much salt on salads it looks like snow and eat (I do mean eat) too much sugar with their eggcups of tea :o)
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:05 am

The HUMANE ways to get rid of insects from your home

This Morning expert shared her top tips for dealing with creepy crawlies

These included using cedar wood hangers in your wardrobe to deter moths

She also suggested trying a 'bait jar' filled with peanut butter for cockroaches

An expert has revealed the humane ways to get rid of insects from your home - including using bicarbonate of soda for spiders.

This Morning expert Alice Beer shared her top tips for dealing with an array of creepy crawlies, including moths and cockroaches.

She suggested using a 'spider catcher' device to get rid of the insects, or putting bicarbonate of soda in the corner of the room as a deterrent, as it acts as a natural 'cleanser'.

For moths, Alice suggested using cedar wood hangers in your wardrobe, or using essential oils like lavender on cotton wool balls, and putting them in your drawers.

The expert also suggested trying a 'bait jar' containing peanut butter in order to get rid of cockroaches.

An expert has explained how putting bicarbonate of soda (above) in the corner of the room will help deter spiders

This Morning expert Alice Beer (above) also suggested using a 'spider catcher' device to get rid of the insects. The device has bristles that trap spiders, without harming them

SPIDERS

Speaking on This Morning, Alice suggested two different methods for getting spiders out of the house.

'We don't want to kill [spiders' we want to get rid of them,' she explained.

'You could hoover up and then put a little bit of bicarb of soda in the corner, that will stop the webs. They just don't like it, it's a natural sort of cleanser.'

She also suggested using a spider catcher device, featuring bristles that can trap the insect without harming it.

MOTHS

Alice suggested using lavender oil on cotton wool balls and putting them in your drawers to keep moths away

The expert recommended trying cedarwood clothes hangers (pictured) to get rid of moths, but added that they only work if they still smell

Alice Suggested using cedar wood in your wardrobe in order to get rid of moths.

'Cedarwood - it's nature's most famous anti-repellent. But if it stops smelling, then they're not working,' she explained.

However, she said that if you're not a fan of the cedarwood smell, you can try essential oils as an alternative.

'You can put essential oils on cotton wool balls - lavender especially - and put them among your jumpers,' she explained.

COCKROACHES

Meanwhile, when it comes to cockroaches, Alice suggested a 'bait jar' in order to trap them.

'This is a bait jar with peanut butter,' she explained. 'Put Vaseline around the sides and in the morning you'll have a pot full of cockroaches that can't get out.'

Alice also recommended trying a pest controller device, which 'emits sound waves that will basically disturb any pest.

Alice also suggested using a 'bait jar' filled with peanut butter and Vaseline along the sides in order to catch cockroaches

The This Morning expert recommended trying a pest controller device, which 'emits sound waves that will basically disturb any pest, including cockroaches

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -home.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:13 am

Ate frog legs yesterday at dinner. :-D Very tasty with garlic.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:37 pm

Piling wrote:Ate frog legs yesterday at dinner. :-D Very tasty with garlic.

Click image to enlarge
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:02 am

Jason Fung and fasting :

https://youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

https://youtu.be/jXXGxoNFag4

In short : fast at least 16.8 or 24h/24 (better)

Quit sugar & all processed food
Quit refined carbs and limited unrefined's
Limit proteins
Increase fat.
Drink water, coffee, tea, wines, and never sweet beverages.

Besides, his book The Obesity Code is very very interesting.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:45 pm

It seems as though half the population is on a diet at any one time :lol:

The only certain thing is that the more one eats the fatter one becomes :D