Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

4 Reasons Why Some People Do Well as Vegans

a place for talking about food, specially Kurdish food recipes

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:40 am

4 Reasons Why Some People Do Well as Vegans (While Others Fail Miserably)

Debate about whether veganism is a healthy diet for humans or a fast track to deficiency has been raging since time immemorial (or at the very least, since the advent of Facebook comment sections).

The controversy is fueled by ardent claims from both sides of the fence: long-term vegans reporting good health (and insisting anyone who struggles must be “doing it wrong”), and ex-vegs recounting their gradual or rapid decline (in some cases, convinced the day will come when “successful” vegans confess it was all a ruse).

Luckily, science is nudging us closer to an understanding of why people respond differently to low- or no-animal-food diets — with a great deal of the answer rooted in genetics and gut health. No matter how nutritionally adequate a vegan diet looks on paper, metabolic variation can determine whether someone thrives or flounders when going meat-free and beyond.

Read more : https://authoritynutrition.com/4-reason ... as-vegans/

Obviously I am in the genetic meat & dairy eaters group… :p
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 4 Reasons Why Some People Do Well as Vegans

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:19 pm

Interesting article :ymapplause:

I could never be a vegan or even a vegetarian

Not sure that it is a good idea for someone to have to keep topping their vitamin intake up with lots of pills

I never eat red meat or pork but love fish and the occasional chicken :D
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Londoner » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Anthea wrote:Interesting article :ymapplause:

I could never be a vegan or even a vegetarian

:D

What is the difference between the two? :?
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Piling » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:08 pm

In English there is only the word vegetarian to name the 2. French is more precise (we are always precise concerning food) : A "végétarien" eats no meat, no fish but dairy and eggs. A pescitarien eats vegetables, fish and eggs but no meat.

A "végétalien" eats only vegetables and never animal products.

A vegan is someone (mad) who refuse to use all kind of animal products, from leather to fish glu, make up, and even honey is "a barbarous oppression of bees, equal to Black people slavery" 8-} When you are vegan, if you have a cat, you try to persuade it to eat vegan also. If you eat hens' eggs, even organic non fecundated eggs, you are a pro-slavery.

Never tell a vegan that for eating a salad you have to let kill hundreds of insects and dozen of slugs.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:07 am

Piling wrote:In English there is only the word vegetarian to name the 2. French is more precise (we are always precise concerning food) : A "végétarien" eats no meat, no fish but dairy and eggs. A pescitarien eats vegetables, fish and eggs but no meat.

A vegan is someone (mad) who refuse to use all kind of animal products, from leather to fish glu, make up, and even honey is "a barbarous oppression of bees, equal to Black people slavery" 8-} When you are vegan, if you have a cat, you try to persuade it to eat vegan also. If you eat hens' eggs, even organic non fecundated eggs, you are a pro-slavery.

Never tell a vegan that for eating a salad you have to let kill hundreds of insects and dozen of slugs.

I think these vegans gone too extreme. Now I remember I have seen these vegans on tv. Their house is full of rats. when they eat, rats come to eat at the same plate. the rats get priority while the eating going on. :ymsick:
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:37 am

Londoner wrote:I think these vegans gone too extreme. Now I remember I have seen these vegans on tv. Their house is full of rats. when they eat, rats come to eat at the same plate. the rats get priority while the eating going on. :ymsick:

Londoner you are ratist :o)

Rats make lovely pets and never need taking for a walk on a cold winter morning :D

They are easily trained - never make a mess other than in one toilet area - eat from their food bowl (if trained properly)

Look ever so cute in the shower ;) and do not shake water everywhere :D

Good for keeping unwanted guests away - people are much more frightened of rats than dogs =))

Rats have an excellent sense of smell - can easily find a chocolate bar in someones' pocket :ymdevil:

They can be trained to locate drugs :ymapplause:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:43 am

Trained Police Rats Sniff Out Crime In The Netherlands

The rats, all named after fictional detectives, can identify the distinct criminal odors of gunpowder, drugs and more. For cheap.

In Rotterdam, the second-largest city in the Netherlands, rats are more than just scurrying subway pests. They're trained crime fighters.

The Dutch police have begun training rats to identify certain smells, just like drug-sniffing dogs. They're quick learners, according to Monique Hamerslag, who heads the project. "They need barely 10 to 15 days to learn to distinguish a certain smell," she told AFP. Plus, rats cost far less than trained dogs, both to buy and to house. (No need to take your rat for long walks in the park.)

The first rat cadet class--Derrick, Thomson, Thompson, Magnum, and Poirot, all named after fictional detectives--have been training for the past two years. Derrick has the accuracy of a finely-tuned machine--a 98.8 percent success rate, according to Spiegel Online.

As awesome as the rats' detection abilities are, though, they probably won't ever be able to supplant the canine sniffer entirely. Rats are cautious animals, and don't like to go barging into unfamiliar situations to sniff out a body or find drugs. Instead, the police bring the smells to their cages, presenting them with samples of things like potentially gunpowder-ridden clothing, to figure out what to test first. Derrick and his buds haven't been let loose on any real police work yet, but they'll hopefully be trained, tested and on the job by sometime next year.

http://www.popsci.com/article/technolog ... etherlands
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:41 am

Londoner wrote:
Piling wrote:In English there is only the word vegetarian to name the 2. French is more precise (we are always precise concerning food) : A "végétarien" eats no meat, no fish but dairy and eggs. A pescitarien eats vegetables, fish and eggs but no meat.

I think these vegans gone too extreme. Now I remember I have seen these vegans on tv. Their house is full of rats. when they eat, rats come to eat at the same plate. the rats get priority while the eating going on. :ymsick:

Darwin's Law of competition : Rats are smarter than Vegans :lol:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:34 am

Anthea wrote:
Londoner wrote:I think these vegans gone too extreme. Now I remember I have seen these vegans on tv. Their house is full of rats. when they eat, rats come to eat at the same plate. the rats get priority while the eating going on. :ymsick:

Londoner you are ratist :o)

Rats make lovely pets and never need taking for a walk on a cold winter morning :D

They are easily trained - never make a mess other than in one toilet area - eat from their food bowl (if trained properly)

Look ever so cute in the shower ;) and do not shake water everywhere :D

Good for keeping unwanted guests away - people are much more frightened of rats than dogs =))

Rats have an excellent sense of smell - can easily find a chocolate bar in someones' pocket :ymdevil:

They can be trained to locate drugs :ymapplause:

Please please don't tell me rats are roaming in your house freely and even share your plate of meal. :-ss

These are all culturally made up attitudes. Rats really are just like any other animals. They were a sort of delicacy of Romans.

Speaking about culturally made up things, in central America at some places, they use snakes at home to get rid of rats instead of cats.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:35 am

Londoner wrote:Please please don't tell me rats are roaming in your house freely and even share your plate of meal. :-ss

These are all culturally made up attitudes. Rats really are just like any other animals. They were a sort of delicacy of Romans.

Speaking about culturally made up things, in central America at some places, they use snakes at home to get rid of rats instead of cats.

In the UK we buy pet rats from pet shops - they are more germ free than puppies we buy from breeders - not going to urinate or defaecate all over carpets/floors unlike puppies

Neither rats nor dogs will eat human food unless trained to do so - rat food is sold in pet shops - do not want a fat rat :D

Rats are ideal neck warmers and love snuggling up close

As with all animals - rats and dogs can be trained to get along together

Rats have no vile disgusting habits such as smoking and NEVER smell

For anyone working long hours they are the ideal pet - how many millions of people leave dogs are locked indoors for hours on end while their owners are at work X(

In my last home I used to put food out for the hedgehogs - every night there would be foxes as well as hedgehogs eating there - and one solitary rat with an injured tail :D

Dogs can catch illnesses and fleas from other dogs - they can even bring fleas and tics back into the house

Anyone living in a built up area and taking their dogs to local parks where many other dogs visit are at risk of many different things but worst of all - they are certain to tread where other dogs have defecated - they will bring those germs into the home and spread them all over the floors

People with no access to open countryside should not be allowed to keep dogs - rats are so much easier, cheaper and hygienic :ymhug:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:06 am

The problem with rats as pets is they have short life : 4 years, no more. 6 years is exceptional.

A cat or a dog have longer life.

I wonder how many years can live a pigeon ?
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:20 pm

Piling wrote:The problem with rats as pets is they have short life : 4 years, no more. 6 years is exceptional.

A cat or a dog have longer life.

I wonder how many years can live a pigeon ?

You will be delighted to know that pigeons live for:

The average age of a pigeon in captivity is from about 8-15 years :ymparty:

There is one record of a bird, Kaiser, a World War I, German war bird which was captured by American forces and brought to the U.S., which lived 35 years, but that has to rank as exceptional

How is your little feathered friend?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:10 am

OMG, as a cat ! :shock:

He is obstinate to eat and not fly. He is not afraid of me at all now and at the end of the month I will buy a cage to bring him in the saloon when I am at home.
I tried to release him in the garden but he stays obstinately between my legs or if I placed him on my hand he hide his head in my palm.

I don't know what I am going to do with a such degenerate bird, ha ha.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:22 pm

Piling wrote:OMG, as a cat ! :shock:

He is obstinate to eat and not fly. He is not afraid of me at all now and at the end of the month I will buy a cage to bring him in the saloon when I am at home.
I tried to release him in the garden but he stays obstinately between my legs or if I placed him on my hand he hide his head in my palm.

I don't know what I am going to do with a such degenerate bird, ha ha.

You are in the wrong job you - should be working in Dohuk Zoo :D

Animals love you :x

Birds love you :x

Unfortunately Kurds love you =((

Personally, I think you that you would be better off with the animals and the birds :ymhug:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:42 pm

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a veterinary. At 14 I dropped the idea because of my poor results in maths and sciences.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Next

Return to Food