Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

URGENTY NEEDED: Business Plan for UK Kebab shop

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:28 pm

I need a business plan because I am fed up with my stupid friends who do nothing X(

I did research and found an ideal focus group - sent 2 IDIOTS of to a meeting and NEITHER of them went

I am absolutely FURIOUS

I have tried to obtain details for my cash-flow forecast (required for transaction) - so far we have been let down 3 TIMES
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: URGENTY NEEDED: Business Plan for UK Kebab shop

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:38 am

I think you can get all the help and business advices at local job centres and other government related offices.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 am

Business with Kurds ? lol. better to spend your cash in yoga and relaxation courses :lol:
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:43 am

Londoner wrote:I think you can get all the help and business advices at local job centres and other government related offices.

Thank you but it is more the research side I need - equipment costing - supplies - but my friends have no idea what they are doing :(

In truth I was being a bit lazy - I am receiving NO help what-so-ever - and time is fast running out X(

Because of people letting each other down one friend is about to lose the shop he wants :(

I have a strong urge to bang their heads together :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:50 am

Piling wrote:Business with Kurds ? lol. better to spend your cash in yoga and relaxation courses :lol:

Some ask my advice :D

Then they go and ask advice from stupid friends :-o

They listen to their friends and ignore me :shock:

A few months later they come crying to me because it has all gone wrong - and expect me to save them :ymdevil:

I am tired of people who do not listen - I prefer to work with Indian/Pakistani/English people :D
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:59 am

Anthea wrote:
Piling wrote:Business with Kurds ? lol. better to spend your cash in yoga and relaxation courses :lol:

Some ask my advice :D

Then they go and ask advice from stupid friends :-o

They listen to their friends and ignore me :shock:

A few months later they come crying to me because it has all gone wrong - and expect me to save them :ymdevil:

I am tired of people who do not listen - I prefer to work with Indian/Pakistani/English people :D

Charge for your advice so that they take notice to it. Free business advice to someone, who is not business-minded, doesn't mean anything.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Anthea wrote:
Londoner wrote:I think you can get all the help and business advices at local job centres and other government related offices.

Thank you but it is more the research side I need - equipment costing - supplies - but my friends have no idea what they are doing :(

In truth I was being a bit lazy - I am receiving NO help what-so-ever - and time is fast running out X(

Because of people letting each other down one friend is about to lose the shop he wants :(

I have a strong urge to bang their heads together :ymdevil:

Google for the cheap cost of each equipment.

I googled for 'kebab shop cooking equipment' got the following details link:

http://www2.inbox.com/search/resultsc.a ... en&iwk=299
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:16 pm

Londoner wrote:Charge for your advice so that they take notice to it. Free business advice to someone, who is not business-minded, doesn't mean anything.

I am writing a very basic book on business start-up because those who need help the most have problems reading some of the extremely large books already on the market :sad:

Most books on business contain 80% rubbish and only 20% information :shock:

I used to teach business management and marketing - as well as computers and basic English :D

I was about to open a business advice centre when my then business partner lost about a MILLION pounds on a deal I told him NOT to make X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Anthea wrote:
I was about to open a business advice centre when my then business partner lost about a MILLION pounds on a deal I told him NOT to make X(

Lucky you!!! he didn't take you down with him/her.

By the way, to get cash-flow forecast, contact a kebab shop similar in earning to the one you want open. To put it the other way, you expect your kebab shop to generate and earning similar to this kebab shop. This is possible if your kebab shop has a similar locality. Now find out the gross daily or weekly or monthly earning of this kebab shop for 6 months or a year. After that use the cash flow of this kebab shop as your cash flow forecast for 6 months or a year.

By the way, why don't you go to UK Business forums to ask for some advices especially about cash flow forecast. This is the link:

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forum ... -forum.47/

Good luck
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:35 am

Londoner wrote:By the way, to get cash-flow forecast, contact a kebab shop similar in earning to the one you want open. To put it the other way, you expect your kebab shop to generate and earning similar to this kebab shop. This is possible if your kebab shop has a similar locality. Now find out the gross daily or weekly or monthly earning of this kebab shop for 6 months or a year. After that use the cash flow of this kebab shop as your cash flow forecast for 6 months or a year.

By the way, why don't you go to UK Business forums to ask for some advices especially about cash flow forecast. This is the link:

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/forum ... -forum.47/

Good luck

Thank you for the link :ymapplause:

You are right but I somehow doubt that my local TURKISH kebab shops would be very helpful =))

My Kurdish friends do NOT keep proper records X(

Most Kurds think that SWOT is something one does to flies - KISS refers to the act of kissing - and USP is USB misspelt 8-}

Those who open food outlets know nothing of MARKET RESEARCH - they open their shops and hope for the best :ymdevil:

As for keeping any financial records - often everything gets put in a cardboard box in the hope that an account will eventually be able to sort them out =))

National Minimum Wage rates is still £6.31 (I think)
£73.92 for a 12 hour shift
£443.52 for a 6 day week
Sadly not many Kurds know that
Nor do they realise that if they have been underpaid they are able to reclaim the back money - I am more than happy to explain that =))
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Londoner » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:00 am

OK spy on one of those kebab shops for at least one week to see how many customers go inside and come out. Also check the menu list of this kebab shop and find the average price of the menu. So if the average price is £2.50 and 400 customers per week go inside the gross earning per week will be £1000.00. On that basis put your cash flow forecast.

Good luck.
Londoner
Tuti
Tuti

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:24 am

Londoner wrote:OK spy on one of those kebab shops for at least one week to see how many customers go inside and come out. Also check the menu list of this kebab shop and find the average price of the menu. So if the average price is £2.50 and 400 customers per week go inside the gross earning per week will be £1000.00. On that basis put your cash flow forecast.

Good luck.

Thank you you are always full of ideas :ymapplause:

If you are not a teacher/business advisor you should be - but perhaps you are far too busy inventing things :ymhug:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:19 pm

More than a year has past since I first made this appeal

I thought that I would report back:

I produced an extremely good business plan including marketing strategy and financial planning :ymparty:

My plan one my friends the property ahead of over 20 other applicants :ymapplause:

I found a good name for the shop and drew up floor plans :D

Are you sitting on the edge of your seats wondering what happened next :-?

They totally ignored the plans - lost about third of the seats - damaged a wall containing asbestos having been told NOT to touch wall due to the asbestos - ignored the design plan and made what should have been a trendy coffee shop look like grand-dads old kebab shop - ignored the seating layout that would have allowed part of the premises to be used for assorted things including a coffee lovers club, monthly community meeting with the local police, free internet training sessions, residence association committee meetings, allotment committee meetings and a lot more besides - they have installed a large sign after being told by the local planning office that they could only have a small sign in keeping with other shops in the area - actually I could probably write a book just about all the things they have done wrong 8-}

Suffice it to say I have fused to ever enter the premises again X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Return to Roj Bash Cafe