Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

Some words + help with identifying a song

This is where you can talk about every subject (previously it was called shout room)

PostAuthor: SomeIsraeliGuy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:06 am

As my username suggests I'm an Israeli,
first I'd like to note how just about everybody in Israel that knows about your situation is rooting for an independent Kurdistan for the religiously, culturally and historically unique Kurdish people who have long been a friend of our country and specifically the Kurdish Jews whose elders still speak highly of the Kurds they lived among.
I don't know if any of you are currently in any of the warring areas but if you are let me first tell you that as a soldier and a citizen of Israel war is not a stranger to us and I wish to send my warm wishes and support to the Kurdish people - may your struggle against the evil militants lead to a crushing victory, and also hopefully this situation will be taken an advantage off to steer the world towards establishing the Kurdish state - having seen videos depicting the strong brotherhood, high morale and bravery of the Kurdish fighters I know that they do not need my support :) although I thoroughly wish my government would do more to help.

Second part of my post is related but a bit more silly I guess,
I saw this video on youtube of your peshmerga celebrating after what is reported an ISIS defeat and I'd like to know if any of you recognize the song played, maybe you will recognize the song itself, lyrics, artist - anything helps
phpBB [video]

Thank you in advance!

SomeIsraeliGuy
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Jewish

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Some words + help with identifying a song

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:36 pm

SomeIsraeliGuy wrote:As my username suggests I'm an Israeli,
first I'd like to note how just about everybody in Israel that knows about your situation is rooting for an independent Kurdistan for the religiously, culturally and historically unique Kurdish people who have long been a friend of our country and specifically the Kurdish Jews whose elders still speak highly of the Kurds they lived among.
I don't know if any of you are currently in any of the warring areas but if you are let me first tell you that as a soldier and a citizen of Israel war is not a stranger to us and I wish to send my warm wishes and support to the Kurdish people - may your struggle against the evil militants lead to a crushing victory, and also hopefully this situation will be taken an advantage off to steer the world towards establishing the Kurdish state - having seen videos depicting the strong brotherhood, high morale and bravery of the Kurdish fighters I know that they do not need my support :) although I thoroughly wish my government would do more to help.

Second part of my post is related but a bit more silly I guess,
I saw this video on youtube of your peshmerga celebrating after what is reported an ISIS defeat and I'd like to know if any of you recognize the song played, maybe you will recognize the song itself, lyrics, artist - anything helps
phpBB [video]

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for your kind words and good wishes :ymapplause:

We wish that you also may have peace soon

In both wars it seems as though it is the innocent who suffer most - no religion that I know of allows the slaughter of the weak - the sick - the elderly - the women or children

People who do these things are not soldiers - a soldier meets an enemy of equal strength face to face - they do not bomb babies

The terrorists of the Islamic State are akin to school-ground bullies who pick on the weakest children - they are cowards not men

As fir the music - it is well known - I do not know what it is called - but thank you for posting it :ymapplause:
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:26 am

The song is a Newroz song (Newroz = New Year, Spring Day and Kurdish national feast). But as Kurds have hundreds of Newroz songs I can't say exactly which one it is, but the lyrics are in Kurmancî (Northern dialect) spoken in Duhok and Sinjar area (Behdinan).
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: talsor » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:15 am

Silav heval Israeli

The song belong to Diyar , which has been recorded in few versions . Here is the original . The singer is from North , but the lyrics are Behdini from the south .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enTqoHFh91k
talsor
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

Return to Roj Bash Cafe