Navigator
Facebook
Search
Ads & Recent Photos
Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

www.flytokurdistan.com

Share information about Computer , Internet, Websites ,Programming and other new technologies

www.flytokurdistan.com

PostAuthor: flytokurdistan » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Hello guys!

I would to let you know about www.flytokurdistan.com - a flight price comparable site. The site is still under Construction.

flytokurdistan
Nubar
Nubar

Highscores: 0
Arcade winning challenges: 0
Nationality: Kurd

www.flytokurdistan.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: www.flytokurdistan.com

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi welcome to Roj Bash :ymhug:

Thank you for the information :ymapplause:

I imagine it is your site - good luck - it should be very popular

Please keep us informed :-D
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Fullback34 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:15 pm

Thanks for your efforts! However, I joined this forum because I had a couple questions; is life back to normal in certain Kurdish places, or is it still dangerous everywhere? One of my reasons for creating an account here was to know how the situation is evolving for you guys as we don't get anything really interesting in foreign media.

Fullback34
Nubar
Nubar

Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Piling » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:29 am

Iraqi Kurdistan : SAFE.
Turkish Kurdistan : OK but with possible bomb attacks and some places are banned for foreigners out of the cities. But touristic places like Diyarbakir are fine. Borders with Syria : not safe.
Syrian Kurdistan : UNSAFE.
Iranian Kurdistan : as in Turkey, but depending also on your passport. Trumps' aggressive policy against Iran could be an obstacle for obtaining a vissa (in any case, if you are a Westerner, Iranian authorities always suppose you are a spy).

Religious rules : In Iran you have to observe their islamic dress code, according to your gender). If you have jewish origins, don't say it. In Turkish or Iraqi parts, no dress code (but not too short panties, half naked costumes, etc.). Being jew is not a problem in Iraqi Kurdistan, at the contrary. In Turkey, depends if you talk with islamist or PKK supporters. But they won't harm you.

If you are Christian or other religions, no problem (people will always ask it, by curiosity. You can be an atheist, they will be sorry for you).
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3

PostAuthor: Fullback34 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:13 am

Okay, thanks for the well-developed explanation! I'm an Orthodox Russian, so issues with Westerners and Jews don't really apply, and what do you mean by "islamic dress code", does it apply to men or just to women? If that matters, I dress in usual business suits, shirts etc and have a beard, so I won't just go dressed like some cliché holiday goer in short shorts. So, if I go with my wife, what degree of hair/face covering will be okay for Iranian Kurdistan, will it be enough to cover the hair, or does she have to wear a face veil as well?

Fullback34
Nubar
Nubar

PostAuthor: Piling » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:30 am

For men and women, Iranian dress code is long sleeves and long trousers, most of the time. It depends on place, there might have more freedom on beach.

For women a scarf on her hair, no need to hide the face. A long shirt or tunic on trousers are ok, better than a skirt which shows the legs.

A funny and useful paper to read about women's clothes issue :

https://www.zocalopublicsquare.org/2018 ... eas/essay/

Considering the greeting, pious men avoid to shake women's hand. So the shakehand is not common between genders. In any case, you are the man, male will talk to you directly and might ignore her by courtesy, while she could talk freely to women.

But Iranian dress code are 'authorities'' rules. Citizens might have different attitudes. Kurdish people are less strict and Kurdish women are not segregated. Moreover, policemen or Pasdarans etc are more tolerant with tourists and visitors. They would inform you to do not this or that, no more troubles.

Last but not least, alcohol/booze stuff :

In Turkey and Iraqi Kurdistan there are many shops/places where you can drink, just ask where, there is no problem with that (in Iraqi Kurdistan, you can find everything you wish in Christian districts).

In Iran, it is banned, but in private parties, some Iranians are drinking. But as tourists, be careful to never accept alcohol if someone you don't know well propose it, especially outside.

Moreover, Iranians like Kurds are warm and friendly with foreigners, so don't worry.

If you have children, Middle Eastern people adore toddlers and kids. Just be careful concerning food. In general, the best way to not catch 'turista' is to avoid red meat. Prefer chicken.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:44 pm

Turkey is now a very dangerous place especially for Kurds and those connected to them

People are watched all the while

If you travel a lot or are seen in Kurdish areas you will become a person of interest

Many Kurds are being arrested for no good reason

Kurds are almost as afraid to speak out as they were in the 90s
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

PostAuthor: Fullback34 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am

Great, that's more info than I ever throught I'd get, and it covers everything I wanted to know.
I'm a bit short for this autumn, but I'll see to organise a trip to Iranian Kurdistan in March or April; I'm unfortunately not very comfortable with high temperatures, I'm already melting when I wear a business suit in Moscow in summer :lol:

And Anthea, I'm really sad to hear about that... It looks like Erdogan's government is getting even more authoritarian than it used to be since the coup attempt.

Fullback34
Nubar
Nubar

Return to Computer & Technology