Recent Images
Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

BAN the BURKA and make people show their faces

Discuss about the world's headlines

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:23 pm

Ban Muslim veil in public places, says UKIP leadership hopeful

UKIP leadership candidate Lisa Duffy is calling for Muslim veils to be banned in public places, in a bid to make women who wear them feel more “British.”

During a speech in London, Duffy is expected to state that her proposal is aimed at pushing for increased integration, arguing that “Muslims who were simply born in this country...are as British as I am and I simply want them to feel as British as I do,”

While stopping short on a complete ban of the veil, Duffy will say: “On our public transport networks, in public buildings, banks, stores and shopping precincts - all those places where teenagers are told to take their hoodies down and where motorcyclists are expected to remove their helmets – it is only reasonable to expect everyone to show their faces."

“Again, it is about making sure there is one law for all, rather than making an exception for a community because we are frightened of causing offence. There is no offence to be taken if all are treated equally.”

The rule should apply “just as much to the retinues accompanying Middle Eastern princes to London as it will to Muslim women living in Britain,” Duffy is expected to say.

She will say it should not be regarded as Islamophobic for someone to politely request that a woman remove her veil in public.

“I have a positive vision for British Islam where girls can grow up with equal rights to men and be given the rights of self-determination the rest of us take for granted.”

She will add: “Why should I, as a white, Christian woman, effectively enjoy greater civil and human rights and freedoms than others?”

My ambition is that everyone, from every community, should be able to enjoy the same rights and have the same independent control over their lives and their bodies as I do.”

Duffy is also expected to demand the closure of Islamic faith schools until the issue of Islamic terrorism is addressed, as well as a “complete and comprehensive ban” on Sharia courts in Britain.

Launching his own leadership campaign in Manchester, UKIP MEP Bill Etheridge will position himself as the “unity candidate,” and will warn the party against focusing its efforts on issues such as Islam, stating that UKIP risks being seen as “small-minded.”

The Dudley borough councillor is expected to say:“I am proposing that as a party we focus on our policies, cementing libertarianism into our DNA.”

“That means not focusing on small issues like Islam which make us look small-minded - I’m not chasing the bigot vote.”

He will add: “I do not want the party to scurry to the centre and abandon the values we as a party are supposed to promote, like a small state, low taxes and individual liberties. It is our difference which is our strength.”

However, in a recent manifesto pledge, Etheridge called for a ban on women wearing the burqa, describing them as a “security risk.”

Etheridge has been caught on film suggesting that young activists copy Hitler’s “magnetic and forceful manner” on public speaking.

He also wrote a book celebrating ‘golliwogs’ after he was suspended by the Conservatives in 2011 over a Facebook picture holding one of the toys, which are frequently associated with racism.

Duffy and Etheridge are among six candidates vying for UKIP leadership.

https://www.rt.com/uk/355060-muslim-veil-ban-ukip/
Last edited by Anthea on Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ban Muslim veil in public places, says UKIP hopeful

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:29 am

I am 100% in favour of banning the burka and all other such form of Islamic face covering :ymparty:

The Quran does NOT tell women that they must hide their faces

Only the oppressive Imams, clerics, fathers and husbands brainwash the women into believing that they have to cover themselves in front of everyone who is not either their husband or an extremely close family member

Many Muslim wives in UK are unaware that UK law applies to them - their husbands lead them to believe that only Sharia Law applies to them - also many husbands do not want their wives to learn English X(

As a teacher I refuse to teach anyone whose face is hidden - how would I know they understood me if I am unable to see my students facial expressions - how would I know if they had earphones on - how would I even know that I had the same student X(

And most important of all - burkas really are a security risk

How would one know whether it is a man or woman beneath the long black robes of a burka

Many suicide bombers in the Middle East have been people wearing burkas, so that nobody could see the explosives they were wearing

As for golliwogs - I like golliwogs - golliwogs were my sons favourite toy and neither he nor I can understand what people have got against a toy - we both loathe political correctness :ymdevil:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: Many countries want to 'BAN THE BURKA' in public places

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 pm

What is this - not who is this - what is this?

Is this a male or female?

Jihadists have been known to wear Burkas in order to escape from Kurds and others

Thieves and shoplifters often wear Burkas - ideal for hiding stolen goods

Suicide bombers often wear Burkas - idea for hiding a suicide belt

Is this a human being?

We have no way of knowing - could be a green alien or even a robot

What it is is obviously something subhuman

In the UK black sacks contain

RUBBISH

Something to be thrown away 8-} :lol: :)) =)) :ymparty:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:49 pm

Germany: Burka ban to be proposed in security clampdown

Germany's interior minister will back plans to ban the burka as part of a raft of anti-terror measures, local media say.

Thomas de Maiziere also proposes deporting criminals more quickly and relaxing doctor confidentiality rules.

He is due to announce some ideas on Thursday, and back some ideas from ministers in his party next week.

There have been repeated attacks in German cities recently, some of them related to Islamist terror.

In July, an axe-wielding teenager from Afghanistan injured five people on a train in Wuerzburg before he was shot dead by police.

The same month, a failed asylum seeker from Syria killed himself and injured 15 people when he set off a bomb outside a music festival in Ansbach.

Both attacks were claimed by the so-called Islamic State group.

The burka is a strict Muslim veil for women that covers the full head and body. Not many people in Germany wear it.

The country has very few restrictions on people's dress. A committee of the government issued a report in 2012 saying it would be unconstitutional to ban the full burka or the niqab facial veil.

But there are some exceptions. For instance, it is illegal to cover your face in a football stadium in Germany.

Burka bans exist in other parts of Europe, notably France, Belgium and some towns in Italy.
Patient confidentiality

In Germany, doctors who breach patient confidentiality can face up to a year in prison or be forced to pay a fine.

But under Mr de Maiziere's proposed changes, they would have to inform the authorities if they became suspicious that a patient was planning to harm other people.

The proposals have drawn sharp criticism from across the political left and from doctors.

Frank Ulrich Montgomery, the head of the German Medical Association, said: "Patient confidentiality protects patients' privacy and is a basic right under the constitution.

"The tense domestic security situation must not tempt us into rash political and legal measures.''

On Thursday, Mr de Maiziere is expected to announce the plans for speeding up the deportation process, making being a "threat to public security" grounds for deporting migrants, and relaxing doctors' confidentiality obligations.

Next week, he is expected to back a series of measures being considered by a grouping of German states' interior ministers from within his own Christian Democrat party and its Bavarian sister party.

The ministers propose:

banning the burka :ymapplause:

recruiting 15,000 more police officers by 2020 - too long to do need action NOW

posting more police on trains and in transport hubs :ymapplause:

making it more difficult for extremist organisations to finance mosques :ymapplause:

deporting foreign hate preachers :ymapplause:

stopping German people from being allowed to hold dual nationality :ymapplause:

German law requires non-EU citizens to give up their existing nationality when applying for German citizenship :ymapplause:

Mr de Maiziere says the terror threat to Germany is high. "We live in difficult times," he said on Wednesday.

Germany's Chancellor Angela Merkel, a fellow Christian Democrat, has previously said information sharing should be ramped up in the wake of the attacks on Germany this summer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37033286
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Kyrgyzstan president: 'Women in mini skirts don't become suicide bombers'

Women can become radicalised to become terrorists if they put on Islamic dress, the President of Kyrgyzstan, Almazbek Atambayev, has claimed in his most recent intervention in a national debate on cultural identity.

Speaking at a press conference last week, President Atambayev also attacked those in his country, where 80% of the population is Muslim, who are critical of women who wear more revealing outfits.

His remarks followed several weeks of controversy over government-sponsored hoardings or banners put up in the streets of the capital Bishkek to try to dissuade Kyrgyz women from wearing Islamic clothing, notably the hijab, niqab and burka, ahead of a visit to the country by German Chancellor Angela Merkel in mid-July.

The hoardings, which, like the president's remarks, have offended many, showed contrasting photos: one side shows women wearing the traditional nomadic clothing of Kyrgyzstan, the other shows women in niqabs and burkas, the full veils worn by some Muslim women. The caption underneath said: "Poor people! Where are we heading to?"

Addressing criticism of the design, President Atambayev said: "When we erected banners some smart people appeared and started pointing at miniskirts. Our women have been wearing miniskirts since 1950s, and they never thought about wearing an explosive belt

"You can wear even tarpaulin boots on your head, but do not organise bombings. This is not religion. Let them wear even miniskirts but there must not be any blasts."

He portrayed the wearing of some Islamic clothing as not only out of step with contemporary Kyrgyz national culture but also potentially dangerous.

"Terrorists are insane people," he said. "Clothes also can change one's thoughts sometimes. When we were searching for prisoners who had escaped a detention centre, Melis Turganbayev (the former interior minister) came to me and said that they had been eavesdropping on telephone conversations of wives and mistresses of criminals. Their wives and mistresses wore sacks on their heads and they wanted to organise bombings.

"If you do not like Kyrgyzstan you can leave our country and go wherever you want. We can pay your travel expenses, even to Syria," the president said - an apparent reference to his government's claim that around 350 Kyrgyz citizens are fighting with jihadi groups in Syria and Iraq.

Many people in the Central Asian state have been outraged by the anti-Islamic clothing campaign. A tongue-in-cheek Facebook group was created contrasting the traditional Kyrgyz head-dress, the Elechek, with Western women in tighter outfits. The inference was clear: was this option - the Elechek - any less conservative than the hijab when compared with Western clothing?

However, in 2014, while speaking at a session of Kyrgyzstan's Security Council, President Atambayev said that it was not the conservative clothing, or Muslim traditions, that he had a problem with, but more the "Arabisation of society [and the] deprivation of the Kyrgyz nation of its language and traditions".

In another protest against the president's actions, four young women in hijabs posed on a road crossing in imitation of the cover of the Beatles album Abbey Road. The caption with this widely-shared meme was: "The moon does not heed the barking of dogs."

A state commission concluded that the anti-Islamic hoardings did not breach advertising laws. But another state-run religious body, the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Kyrgyzstan, described the banners as "provocative", claiming that they "undermine the unity of people". There has been some vandalism of the designs and one of the banners was replaced with another showing the Kyrgyz Olympic team.

Tata Ulan, a well-known singer who defends traditional values, composed a rap criticising Kyrgyz girls who used to wear "half-naked" clothes instead of traditional ones.

Kyrgyz citizens have also been sharing pictures using hashtags that compare hijab wearers and women who prefer Western-style clothing. The majority of them bemoan the impact of Western culture on the country. Criticising the banners, some users also raised socioeconomic issues in the country, particularly labour migration to Russia and water shortages.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-36846249
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: BAN BURKA women in miniskirts not wear suicide belts

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:51 am

Burqinis banned by one more French resort, mayor cites ‘hygienic reasons’

One more French Riviera town has outlawed burqinis since the city of Cannes issued a ban on the Muslim swimwear for women. This time, the mayor says the decision was made for “hygienic reasons.”

“I was informed that there was a couple on one of our beaches where the wife was swimming fully dressed,” Lionnel Luca, the mayor of Villeneuve-Loubet, a town with 15,000 residents, told AFP. “I considered that unacceptable for hygienic reasons and that, in general, it was unwelcome.”

The decree enacting the ban was signed on August 5, but was only made public on Saturday. The text of the order says “access to swimming is prohibited from July 1 to August 31 for anyone not in appropriate dress, which respects morality and the principle of secularism, and respects the rules of hygiene and safety,” the Le Monde newspaper, which saw the text, reported.

Luca explained that the ban was put in place “to avoid any disturbance to public order in a region that has been hit by [recent terrorist] attacks.”

According to Luca, in France, people don’t come to the beach “dressed to display one’s religious convictions, especially as they are false convictions which the religion does not ask for.”

Earlier on Friday, it was announced that Cannes Mayor David Lisnard had ruled that burqinis should be banned on the city’s beaches. “Access to beaches and for swimming is banned to anyone who does not have [bathing apparel] that respects good customs and secularism,” his ruling read.

People who are seen wearing burqinis on the beach will first be verbally told to change their swimwear or leave. If they refuse to comply, they will be fined €38.

On Saturday ten girls from Cannes contacted the Muslim Federation of the South, saying they had not been allowed to swim, Federation spokesman Feiza Ben Mohamed told Le Monde.

On Monday, the Pennes-Mirabeau commune near Marseille cancelled a controversial “burqini” pool party planned by a Muslim group following strong reaction from the public. The organizers, the Smile 13 group, which describes itself on Facebook as a sports and social event group for women and children, said they had received death threats, with one person even claiming that they had received bullets in the mail.

France has been hit by a series of Islamic State-linked (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) attacks since January of 2015. The worst occurred in November of 2015, when at least 130 people were killed in Paris, after which France introduced a state of emergency that is still in place.

Another tragedy took place in Nice, killing at least 84 people on July 14, when a truck driven by an IS sympathizer plowed through a crowd during Bastille Day celebrations.

https://www.rt.com/news/355881-french-t ... -burqinis/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:13 pm

I have always been lead to believe that Muslim women were supposed to dress modestly in lose fitting clothes as opposed to really tight figure-hugging clothes

As far as I know there is absolutely nothing in the Quran about women covering their faces and being made to wear clothing which makes them look like a sack of rubbish X(

As for the wearing of any type of Burka or Burqinis in water

Wearing any lose-fitting garment - including a Burka - in water is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and must not be allowed

Wearing Burqinis is against Quranic guidelines as these close fitting garments become figure-hugging and not at all modest when wet 8-}
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:38 pm

Burka in Germany: Interior minister calls for curbs :ymapplause:

The German Interior Minister, Thomas de Maiziere, has called for a partial ban on the burka, a day after saying a full ban might not be constitutional.

Anthea: It should be a total ban

He said the burka did not fit in with Germany's open society and showing the face was essential to social cohesion.

"We call on everyone to show their face," he said.

The proposal would prevent anyone from wearing the veil in schools, universities, nurseries, public offices or while driving.

It requires parliamentary approval to become law.

Chancellor Angela Merkel's governing coalition has been divided over the issue after several attacks in Germany claimed by so-called Islamic State (IS) and amid record numbers of Muslim asylum seekers.

"We reject the full veil - not just the burka but the other forms of full veil where only the eyes are visible," said Mr de Maiziere.

"It doesn't fit in with our open society. Showing the face is a constituent element for our communication, the way we live, our social cohesion. That is why we call on everyone to show their face."

He added: "Whoever wants to work in public service cannot do so while wearing the full veil."

There are no official statistics on the number of women wearing the burka in Germany but Aiman Mazyek, leader of its Central Council of Muslims, has said hardly any women wear it, Reuters news agency reports.

A study carried out by the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees in 2009, and reported by Spiegel magazine, found that more than two-thirds of Muslim women in Germany did not even wear a headscarf

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37130050
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:57 pm

Germany proposes burka ban for schools, universities and public workers

Germany could impose a ban on women wearing burkas or full-face Islamic veils at schools and universities and while driving under new proposals announced on Friday by Angela Merkel’s party.

The burka “does not belong in our cosmopolitan country”, Thomas de Maiziere, the interior minister and one of Mrs Merkel’s closest allies, said as he announced the new policy.

“We all reject the full veil — not only the burka but also other types of full veil that only leave the eyes visible. They have no place in our society.”

The proposals stop short of the complete ban called for by senior figures in Mrs Merkel’s Christian Democrat party (CDU).

Instead what has been described as a “burka ban lite” will also apply to women working as public officials, attending public demonstrations, and in court.

“Showing your face is essential for our communication, co-existence and social cohesion and that's why we're asking everyone to show their faces,” Mr de Maiziere said.

“We want to introduce a law to make people show their faces and that means that those who break that law will have to face the consequences.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08 ... -public-w/
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: BAN BURKA and make people show their faces

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:06 am

As Germany, like France, faces terrorist attacks, the necessity to ban it is obvious.

I wonder if KRG banned it also, for I don't remember to have seen a burqa in Duhok, only abayas but with uncovered face.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 2
Arcade winning challenges: 3
Nationality: European

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:09 am

Kurds traditionally wear bright clothing not black rubbish sacks :ymhug:

This is because Kurdish men do NOT treat their women like rubbish ;)

Also Kurds have a rich culture that goes back well before they were FORCED to become Muslims

My God likes bright colours and believes in sharing :ymhug:

All praise the mighty

CADBURY :ymparty:
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:48 am

Sure, burqa is not Kurdish but there are many Arab refugees but I did not see anyone with a burqa.
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Piling wrote:Sure, burqa is not Kurdish but there are many Arab refugees but I did not see anyone with a burqa.

Interesting point :-?

Why do you think that is?
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Piling » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Perhaps Burqa women are enclosed in the Arab refugees camp and not allowed to go out :-D Perhaps KRG banned burqa ?
i imagine if a burqa woman (or hidden men) tries to enter in Duhok Bazar all security forces will be on alert.

I don't know in Shaqlawa where there are now more Arabs than Kurds.

And about burkini, obviously, Kurds are not fan :lol: :

https://twitter.com/KurdistanRojBas/sta ... 1999454208
Piling
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:32 pm

If Kurdistan has areas such as Shaqlawa with more Arabs than Kurds

It is time to get rid of the Arabs

Arabs are NOT the friends of Kurds X(

My personal opinion with a reasonable knowledge of Arab behaviour in UK

The men bring their sacks of rubbish (wives) with them and leave them locked in expensive hotels - a prison, however expensive and luxurious it is, it is still a prison - while they visit casinos accompanied with high-class prostitutes and spend countless millions X(
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Next

Return to World