Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

People who talk to the dead AREN'T going out of their minds

Discuss about the world's headlines

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:40 pm

Life after death: Soul continues on a QUANTUM level

Sir Roger Penrose explains his theory on consciousness

Scientists have long sought an answer to the age old question ‘is there life after death?’, but now experts are claiming that there is no death of consciousness – just death of the body.

According to some well-respected scientists, quantum mechanics allows consciousness to live on following the body’s eventual demise.

While scientists are still unsure about what exactly consciousness is, the University of Arizona’s Stuart Hameroff and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it is merely information stored at a quantum level.

The duo say this process is called “Orchestrated Objective Reduction” (Orch-OR) and say it is evidence that protein-based microtubules – a structural component of human cells – carry quantum information – information stored at a sub-atomic level.

Dr Hameroff explains: “Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing; the micro-tubules lose their quantum state.

“The quantum information within the micro-tubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, and it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large.

“If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the micro-tubules and the patient says, ‘I had a near-death experience.’

“If they’re not revived, and the patient dies, it’s possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul.”

“The beyond is an infinite reality that is much bigger."

Researchers from the renowned Max Planck Institute for physics in Munich agree and state that the physical universe that we live in is only our perception and once our physical bodies die, there is an infinite beyond.

Dr Hans-Peter Durr, former head of the Max Planck Institute for Physics, previously said: "What we consider the here and now, this world, it is actually just the material level that is comprehensible.

“Which this world is rooted in. In this way, our lives in this plane of existence are encompassed, surrounded, by the afterworld already.

"The body dies but the spiritual quantum field continues.

“In this way, I am immortal.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... ul-quantum
Last edited by Anthea on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Life after death: Soul continues on a QUANTUM level

PostAuthor: Anthea » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:48 am

Account of AFTERLIFE by man declared dead for 6 minutes

Sir Roger Penrose explains his theory on consciousness

The man, who simply gave his name as Bob, has revealed what happened to him when he drowned and was declared clinically dead for six minutes.

He wrote on the Near Death Experience Research Foundation website that, as a young child, Bob was swimming in his pool when he experienced the afterlife.

He said his uncle jumped in, with the force pulling him to the bottom of the pool.

Unfortunately, as Bob battled the wave, he accidentally inhaled a big breath of water which led him to drown.

He was unconscious for about half a minute before people realised something was wrong and took him out of the pool and resuscitated him.

But it took six minutes to revive Bob, and during that time, he said that he crossed over to the afterlife where he entered a “clearly mystical or unearthly realm I could see and hear.”

At this point, Bob suffered from an outer body experience where he could see what was going on around him.

He said: “I was above the pool about five to six feet up. I remember saying aloud to myself ‘I am all right’.

“I felt amazing, a feeling of total joy. There was no pain. I was looking down and could see people around somebody on the sidewalk beside the pool.

“I did not know who anyone was. It was I looking down but what I saw was not Bob. I did not even know Bob, but I was still me as I was before I drowned.

“I do not know how to explain this any other way. I believe that our bodies die but we do live on.

“Just before I came back into my body, there was a lot of pain, but somehow I knew that it was just the pain of life.”

Some researchers agree with Bob that “our bodies die but we do live on”.

According to some well-respected scientists, quantum mechanics allows consciousness to live on following the body’s eventual demise.

While scientists are still unsure about what exactly consciousness is, the University of Arizona’s Stuart Hameroff and British physicist Sir Roger Penrose believes that it is merely information stored at a quantum level.

The duo say this process is called “Orchestrated Objective Reduction” (Orch-OR) and say it is evidence that protein-based microtubules – a structural component of human cells – carry quantum information – information stored at a sub-atomic level.

Dr Hameroff explains: “Let’s say the heart stops beating, the blood stops flowing; the micro-tubules lose their quantum state.

“The quantum information within the micro-tubules is not destroyed, it can’t be destroyed, and it just distributes and dissipates to the universe at large.

“If the patient is resuscitated, revived, this quantum information can go back into the micro-tubules and the patient says, ‘I had a near-death experience.’

“If they’re not revived, and the patient dies, it’s possible that this quantum information can exist outside the body, perhaps indefinitely, as a soul.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/10 ... irculation
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: Life after death: Soul continues on a QUANTUM level

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:56 pm

Whispers from beyond the grave:

Why people who think they can talk to the dead AREN'T going out of their minds

There is a growing body of evidence to suggest it is not that unusual at all

Maria-Louise Warne, 61 and from Devon, finds sightings of her mother a relief

In Wales, 13 per cent of widows and widowers have heard dead spouse’s voice[/size][/i]
A ghostly figure lingering at the bedside; whispers from beyond the grave: For many people, this is the stuff of nightmares that might drive them to madness – if they didn’t think they were there already.

But not for Maria-Louise Warne.

On the contrary, the 61-year-old language teacher from Devon finds the sightings of her mother – who died 20 years ago – oddly comforting. In fact, the ‘advice’ of her late mother Irene has even proved useful for making some of life’s biggest decisions.

Maria-Louise says: ‘When I move house, I feel her pushing me forward on the small of my back at property viewings. It’s a sign I should make an offer.’

It may sound like she has lost her mind. Yet there is a growing body of evidence that suggests the experiences she described are a perfectly normal, even a commonplace part of the grieving process.

A recent study of widows and widowers in Wales found that 13 per cent had heard their dead spouse’s voice, while 14 per cent had ‘seen’ them. Some had felt their touch and more than one in ten claimed to have spoken to their lost loved one.

More importantly, those who experience these phenomena report that they are coping with their grief far better than those who don’t.

Last year pop singer Celine Dion said she still senses the presence of her husband, Rene Angelil, who died of cancer in January 2016. The couple were married for 22 years and the Canadian singer explained that she still talks to him and can even hear him at times.

And Sir Bruce Forsyth’s widow Lady Wilnelia, 60, admitted in an interview with The Mail on Sunday: ‘I talk to him all the time.’

This interacting with the dead – whether it’s experiencing visions, voices or tactile sensations such as taste and smell – has even been given a name by psychologists: experienced continued presence, or ECP.

Maria-Louise has no doubt her experiences are genuine.

‘I could smell her fragrance in every room of a bungalow I viewed once,’ she says. ‘Another time, I spotted her favourite flowers in a pot next to the front door and immediately sensed her around me. Each time, I felt she was giving me her seal of approval.’

She believes her mother’s appearances hark back to the promise she made in her final hours.

‘She said, “You’ll never be alone Maria, I’ll always be with you.” And I feel like she kept her word.’

While some might explain these things as proof of an afterlife, scientists have a more rational theory: all perception starts with the brain creating predictions of the world around us.

Once we have experienced something, the mind creates a ‘scheme’ of that event or interaction, so we know what to expect.

This prediction is then revised using real-world ‘feedback’ – sights, sounds, smells.

Perception is, say some experts, a sort of edited hallucination.

The brain becomes used to predicting those who are a consistent presence in our lives, and may continue to do so, even after they have gone.

This is why, very often, people see or hear these ‘ghosts’ in places that are very familiar – a favourite armchair or seat at the dining table, or on their side of the bed at night.

‘The loss of a loved one who has been a near-constant presence in our life is often literally unimaginable,’ explains Dr Simon McCarthy Jones, Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at Trinity College Dublin, who has studied the ECP phenomenon.

A recent study into ECP by a team at the University of Roehampton, published in the Journal of Psychology & Psychotherapy, revealed that, typically, those who experience this phenomenon are spouses who have lost partners, those who have lost parents, and parents of deceased children.

Despite ECP being common, many people are reluctant to speak about their experiences. ‘The biggest fear if they talk about it to their friends is the risk that they will be judged and told they’re going mad,’ says psychotherapist Pablo Sabucedo, deputy investigator at Roehampton’s Centre for Research in Social and Psychological Transformation. ‘The other worry is that if they disclose this to their GP, then they might be put on medication or labelled as psychotic.

‘But if you’re seeing your late husband in their favourite chair in the living room, there is no cause for panic. It’s not leaving you open to be diagnosed with schizophrenia or any other psychiatric disorder. It is part of the grieving process.

‘But we know there are people who are quite distressed as a result of ECP. They hear malevolent voices or have a sinister feeling of someone being present in the room with them. A lot of the time they are unsure about what to do,’ says Dr Sabucedo.

These people can benefit from therapy, he says, on top of bereavement counselling. The Roehampton researchers offer dedicated therapy for ECP at the university – and expect the majority of people to see an improvement after 12 sessions.

‘Our aims are to improve our patients’ wellbeing and to change the distressing, ambivalent or frightening relationship with these experiences,’ says Dr Sabucedo.

But for Maria-Louise, her mother’s continuing presence remains reassuring. She says: ‘At first I did worry that people would think I was going mad.

‘Yet the rational part of me recognises it is a coping mechanism for me. I live alone. It’s rather rural where I’m located. If Mum appears to me, and it’s not hurting anyone, then why should I worry?’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... minds.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Re: People who talk to the dead AREN'T going out of their mi

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:54 pm

Why scientist declared:

‘There IS an afterlife
    Memories are separate!’
Life after death: Scientist reveals evidence to ‘prove’ afterlife

James Porter Morland is an American philosopher who currently serves as a distinguished professor at Talbot School of Theology at Biola University in California. As a dedicated Christian, he declared during Amazon Prime’s “Closer To Truth” series that there is an afterlife. However, besides his faith, Dr Morland also claimed to have scientific evidence to support his views.

He said in 2014: “Well I think there are certain pieces of evidence that there is an afterlife.

“The first branch of evidence is theistic-dependent.

“In other words, whether it’s reasonable to believe in an afterlife or not depends on whether you also think it’s rational to believe in God.

“Since I think it’s rational to believe that God exists, then I have a reason for thinking there’s an afterlife.

James Porter Morland

James Porter Morland has his own theory on life after death

“It would go something like this – God is not finished with us in this life, he has projects for us.”

Dr Morland went on to elaborate on this point.

He added: “He [God] values versions because he made them, he is not about to annihilate them or snuff them out of existence.

“And so God will sustain us in existence because we will always matter to him, whether we want to be with him or not.

“The two empirical reasons I have for believing in life after death is the resurrection of Jesus – if, in fact, he rose from the dead.

“Then he has done there and told us about it and I’m going to listen to what he has to say.”

Dr Morland went on to detail another well-documented reason for believing in an afterlife.

“The second are a bevvy of near-death experiences where people learn things there is absolutely no way they could know and are impossible to adequately explain through deprivation to the brain of oxygen.

“The truth is there is no scientific approach to how we die, just scientists who have their own approach.

“And scientists differ on the question and they differ as philosophers, not scientists.

The resurrection of Jesus is said to be proof of an afterlife

Dr Morland said he had scientific evidence too

“The question of whether the mind or consciousness can exist outside the brain is not a scientific question.

“Let me dispute the claim that everything can be rooted in the brain, if that’s true, there’s no free will.”

However, Dr Morland took things one step further, claiming the brain does not store memories.

He concluded: “That means that consciousness is an epiphenomenon, it’s a byproduct, it’s caused by the brain, but it doesn’t, in turn, cause anything.

“If that’s true, then the acceptance of scientific theories is determined by your brain chemistry.

Memories are apparently seperate to the brain

“The idea that memories are in the brain is absolutely gobbledy-gook – it makes no sense at all.

“Memories aren’t the sort of thing that can be spatially located in a piece of chemistry.”

However, most scientists are not in agreement.

Sean Carroll, a cosmologist and physics professor at the California Institute of Technology, claimed to have put the debate to bed after extensively studying the laws of physics.

Afterlife: Evidence suggests life after death says Braude

He said in 2018: “Claims that some form of consciousness persists after our bodies die and decay into their constituent atoms face one huge, insuperable obstacle.

"The laws of physics underlying everyday life are completely understood, and there's no way within those laws to allow for the information stored in our brains to persist after we die.

“It’s really nothing but atoms and the known forces, there is clearly no way for the soul to survive death.

“Believing in life after death, to put it mildly requires physics beyond the Standard Model.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/11 ... idence-spt
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Return to World