Random images
Welcome To Roj Bash Kurdistan 

UK is becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

Discuss about the world's headlines

Re: London becoming a WAR ZONE as BLACK deaths increase

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:10 am

Man slashed in the face during brawl in Southall, west London

A man has been slashed in the face in west London

Three males have been arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm after the attack in Southall.

Police were called to reports of a fight in Hillary Road just before 5pm on Saturday.

Officers found the victim suffering slash injuries and he was taken to hospital.

His injuries are not life-threatening, the Met said.

It came after a teenager was left fighting for his life after being stabbed in Bounds Green, north London, on Friday night.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 17386.html
Good Thoughts Good Words Good Deeds
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

Highscores: 3
Arcade winning challenges: 6
Nationality: Kurd by heart

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:12 am

Sajid Javid backs stop and search
and tells of worries for his children

Sajid Javid reveals he could have become a drug dealer and fears his own children could fall victim to the 'scourge' of Britain's knife crime epidemic

Sajid Javid today told of extra measures being brought in to tackle knife crime

He backed the use of stop and search, which was restricted by Theresa May

Home Secretary also reiterated 'public health approach' using NHS and schools
Sajid Javid has told how he could have fallen into a life of crime as he spoke of his fears his own children could become victims of Britain's knife attack epidemic.

The Home Secretary and Tory leadership hopeful spoke in London today as politicians scramble to tackle the spiralling problem of knife crime in the UK.

Javid, a father of four, told of his own fears when he lies in bed at night waiting for his children to come home.

He also told how he too could have turned to a life of crime himself when, as a schoolboy, drug dealers approached him at his school gates.

Sajid Javid today backed the use of stop and search powers as he spoke about knife crime

Sajid Javid: Serious violence is like a disease outbreak

Mr Javid said: 'I may be the Home Secretary but I'm not ashamed to confess; I have stayed up late at night waiting to hear the key turning in the door. And only then going to bed knowing that they have come home safe and sound.

'And like any other dad, when I watch the news and see the faces of all those young victims of knife crime I despair at the waste of those lives.'

Speaking of his own experience, he added: 'I grew up on what was dubbed by one tabloid as "the most dangerous street in Britain". It's not so difficult to see how instead of being Cabinet, I could have been taken in to a life of crime.

'There were the pupils at school that shoplifted, and asked if I wanted to help. The drug dealers who stood near the school gates and told you by joining in you could make easy money.

'But I was lucky. I had loving and supporting parents, who despite their own circumstances gave me security. I had some brilliant teachers who motivated me to go further than what was expected of me.

'I even had a girlfriend who believed in me and supported me despite my lack of prospects and went on to become my wife. Thanks to them all I have built a better life for myself and my family.'

Stop and search powers were previously restricted by former Home Secretary, now Prime Minister Theresa May, amid racism claims.

But following a rise in the number of attacks, there have been greater calls for officers to increase their use.

Javid said today that he is trialling a scheme to give police officers greater ability to use the powers at their own discretion.

He said: 'Stop and search saves lives. There are people that are alive today because of stop and search. I cannot say this clearly enough.'

He added that knife crime should be treated like the outbreak of a 'virulent disease', and the 'mindset of Government needs to shift' to combat the scourge.

The Government and police have come under intense pressure over violent crime following a spate of fatal stabbings in London and Birmingham.

Mr Javid paid tribute to his wife, Laura, and his family for helping him make a success of his life

There were 285 homicides where the method of killing was by a knife or sharp instrument in England and Wales in 2017/18 - the highest number since records started in 1946.

In the year to September, police recorded around 1.5 million 'violence against the person' offences - a jump of nearly a fifth on the previous 12 months.

Polling data released last week suggested that public concern about crime is at its highest since the riots of 2011.

Ministers have announced a £100 million cash injection for police to tackle knife crime and relaxed rules on the use of enhanced stop and search powers in badly-hit areas.

Mr Javid and Prime Minister Theresa May have also unveiled a new 'public health' approach to violent crime.

Under the plans, state bodies could be made subject to a legal duty requiring them to have 'due regard' to the prevention and tackling of serious violence.

The proposals drew criticism from leaders in a number of the professions that would be affected.

Mr Javid used his speech today to try to reassure health workers and teachers, saying the approach is about giving them the confidence to report their concerns, 'safe in the knowledge that everyone will close ranks to protect that child'.

Barnardo's chief executive Javed Khan said: 'Serious youth violence has now become a crisis - there's no other way of talking about it.

'To tackle this growing scourge, we must address the 'poverty of hope' felt by too many children and young people across the country, who see little or no chance of a positive future.

'Caught in a vicious cycle, they carry knives because they don't feel safe.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ldren.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 am

Witnesses tell of terror as gunman
opens fire in London barber shop

Terrified customers dived for cover as a masked gunman opened fire in a barber shop, witnesses said today

Children as young as nine were among those inside when the shotgun-wielding attacker fired a single blast at two men, thought to be the intended targets, who locked themselves in a toilet.

Police were called to the scene on Green Street in Newham but the suspect and intended victims had already fled.

Witnesses today told how the pair ran for cover as the gunman stormed into the salon, which was full with up to 15 customers at the time.

A 33-year-old barber, who was cutting one of the targets’ hair, told the Standard: “They seemed to know the gunman was coming for them because when he was outside, one said ‘the guy is coming’ and they both ran.

“They ran towards the backroom and hid in the toilet. The gunman followed them and that’s when he shot at them. It happened so fast, he was holding a shotgun and he did one shot and ran back out.

“Everybody ran out when we heard the shot. The adults really didn’t scream but the kids were screaming, they were very scared.

“He didn’t say anything to anyone, and a few minutes later the two customers came out and ran out of the shop too.”

The barber said the targets were not regular customers.

“They were both young looking men in their early 20s,” he said. “They arrived 15 to 20 minutes before the gunman. We didn’t recognise them, we know the locals and we hadn’t seen them before.

“Saturdays are our busy nights and at that time the shop was packed full of customers. This is the first time something like this has happened in the shop, it was very shocking.

“We’re lucky because the gunman just had his focus on the two guys, nobody else. He came for his targets and just ran out after.”

The suspect was described as black, 6ft and of muscular build, who was dressed in dark clothes and covered his face with a bandana.

Police said no arrests have been made in connection with the shooting at 8.15pm on April 6.

Detectives from the Met’s Trident gangs unit are now appealing for witnesses.

A Met spokesman said: “There is no indication that anyone was injured during the shooting.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/w ... 18011.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:33 am

Stoke Newington stabbing: Four arrested
after man knifed to death in broad daylight

Four people have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man was stabbed to death in broad daylight in north east London

The victim, aged in his 30s, was found with a stab injury in Stoke Newington on Wednesday evening. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police said one woman, aged 33, and three men, aged 67, 62 and 58, were arrested on Thursday on suspicion of murder.

Police and paramedics were called to the incident on Matthias Road shortly before 6pm.

Officers believe the victim may have been attacked in nearby Cowper Road and crime scenes remain in place at both locations.

Police believe they know the identity of the deceased and next of kin have been informed.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Considine said: “This attack took place in the early evening, in a residential street and in broad daylight.

“There would have been people around and I need those people to call police.

“Whatever you saw, whether the fatal assault, the events leading up to it or the aftermath, it is vitally important that you call us. It is only by people working with police that we can make London safe and your call may be vital in helping us understand how a young man came to be brutally killed.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/f ... 21911.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:36 am

Police hunt man in connection
with 'vicious' attack in north London

Police have released CCTV of a man they are seeking in connection with a "vicious" attack in north London that left a young man in an induced coma for weeks

Met Police officers were called to Bulstrode Street, Marylebone, at around 5.20am on Sunday morning following reports of a man found unconscious.

The 23-year-old victim, a student from Spain, was on his way home after celebrating the end of a successful internship.

He was approached from behind by a stranger and struck with a "devastating" punch in an unprovoked assault, Scotland Yard said.

The victim was kept in hospital in an induced coma for weeks after suffering head injuries, police said in a statement.

CCTV recovered by officers showed the suspect search the victim’s pockets while he lay unconscious, it added.

The suspect stole a phone, wallet and cash before leaving the unconscious victim lying in theroad.

The suspect later entered a nearby hotel and tried to order a taxi to take him from the area.

There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.

The victim has now returned home to Spain.

Detective Karl Lewis, from Westminster Borough, said: "This was a completely unprovoked assault on a young man walking home after a night out. The victim has only just managed to make a full recovery from his physical injuries, however this attack has had a large psychological impact on him.

"The man who committed this crime is a violent thug and we are desperate to bring him to justice. I would urge anyone who recognises the man in the CCTV still to do the right thing and call police."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/p ... 21751.html.
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:39 am

Mum's plea for end to violence after
son rammed by car in gang fight

The mother of a young man who died after being rammed by a BMW car during a suspected gang fight called for an end to street violence today

Council worker Gopinath Kasivisuwanathan, 27, was injured when he was run down during a brawl outside Alperton tube station, in Wembley, in the early hours of Tuesday. He died in hospital that evening.

Witnesses told how two groups were fighting with bottles in a running battle along Ealing Road. Police also found belts and poles used as weapons.

Today Mr Kasivisuwanathan’s family paid tribute to the “popular and loving” Kingston University graduate who worked as a benefit assessment officer for Brent council.
[alperton.jpg]

Mr Kasivisuwanathan was injured when he was run down during a brawl outside Alperton tube station, in Wembley (Jeremy Selwyn)

His heartbroken mother Sumitra appealed for an end to the bloodshed on the streets. She said: “We want the police to find out who did this and get justice for my son.

“There is more and more crime in London and it must stop. We have lost so many lives in every community. We want the violence to stop. It cannot be allowed to go on. I’ve lost my son and no family should go through this.”

Mrs Kasivisuwanathan said the family was still in the dark about how he died, adding: “He went to work on Monday and in the evening he went to the cinema. We don’t know what happened after that.

“He was a nice guy; very popular and loving. He had a girlfriend and was planning to marry her next year.

“He had been working for Brent council as a benefit assessment officer for the last six months and loved it. He had lots of friends at work and from university.”

Brent council leader Muhammed Butt said: “Gopinath was a dedicated and highly respected member of our customer services team and will be sorely missed by his colleagues.”

Friends also paid tribute, with one saying: “We’ve lost a brother and a strong, hard-working man and family man. He was humble, he was ambitious, he was smart, he had good intentions for everyone.” Another added: “He was a friendly, joyful person to be around.”

Friends gathered near the scene of the violence and held a vigil for him, leaving flowers and cards last night.

One read: “You will be truly missed. Your presence was like the brightest star in the sky. You always had the biggest and brightest smile on your face. I will miss that smile. May God bless you with all the peace and give strength to your family. Sending lots of love your way.”

A 21-year-old man who was also hit by the car was taken to hospital but later discharged.

A 35-year-old man arrested on suspicion of murder remains in custody. Eight men aged between 21 and 30 also arrested in connection with the incident have been bailed until mid-May.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/h ... 21371.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:43 am

Leyton stabbing: Man knifed in east
London after having his car stolen

A man has been stabbed in east London after having his car stolen

Police were called to Grange Park Road, Leyton, at about 8.30pm on Wednesday.

Officers found the man in his 20s suffering the stab injuries.

He was taken to hospital, though his condition is unknown.

The stolen vehicle was found a short time later in nearby Primrose Road.

A crime scene remained in place late on Wednesday, on the same night as a man in his 30s was stabbed to death in Stoke Newington.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/l ... 20776.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:28 am

Boy, six, is injured when gang opens fire on a house with a shotgun while he was inside

The boy has an injured back and remains in hospital in a stable condition after the incident in the Eastfield area of Wolverhampton shortly before 4pm yesterday

West Midlands Police have arrested a 24-year-old man and 17-year-old boy on suspicion of wounding.

One grandmother, who lives nearby, said: 'I have my grandson with me, he's only seven, so it's scary. When it's on your street, I just can't believe it.'

Another local resident said: 'It's a shocking street, we always have problems on this street.

'We have been looking to move from here, it's always been a problem street but the police don't do enough to stop it.'

Detective Inspector Rod Rose said: 'These arrests are a significant step forward in our investigation which continues at pace.

'It's a shocking incident where someone has opened fire with a shotgun in broad daylight.

'The motive of this attack remains unclear and we're working hard to try and understand what happened earlier today.'

Police have increased patrols and brought in extra officers following the incident.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... otgun.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:35 am

Shocking moment drive-by gunman on motorbike shoots boy, 16, stood with friends outside south London chicken shop while bullets fly into restaurant and nearly hit diner and worker

Teen shot on a residential street in Tooting at around 9.50pm on Thursday night

He staggered with blood pouring from wounds and found help on nearby street

Gunman fired off five shots into crowd of boys outside Tasty Chicken restaurant
This is the shocking moment a 16-year-old boy was gunned down outside a chicken shop by a motorbike driver in south London last night.

The teenager is fighting for his life in hospital following the drive-by shooting in front of the Tasty Chicken restaurant in Tooting at 9.45pm.

CCTV footage shows the victim standing outside the shop the with a group of friends waiting for their food, before a bike pulls up and shots are fired into the crowd.

The boys scattered and attempted to flee but the victim was hit with a bullet, causing him to collapse to the ground and writhe in pain.

But the teenager mustered up the strength to get to his feet and stagger off for help.

With blood pouring from his wounds, he was taken inside an apartment on a nearby street to wait for police and an ambulance to arrive.

He was found with serious injuries in the home fifteen minutes after the attack.

A resident speaking outside the apartment block said there were blood splatters in one of the elevator shafts this morning.

Detectives are hunting the gunman and nobody has been arrested.

Dramatic footage also shows bullets penetrating the shop window and whizzing by worker Jerone Valantine, 38, and a customer, who duck down in terror.

Speaking from behind his counter on Friday, Mr Valantine said: 'The shooter pulled up on a motorbike and shot the boy outside.

'The bullets came through the shop window. I heard the glass break.'

Mr Valantine came to the UK from Sri Lanka in 2011 and said he was distraught by the shooting.

He said he came to London to escape the bloodshed and misery of his homeland and explained he did not think he would have to witness violence on his doorstep again.

His shop now bears the scars of London's raging gun and knife epidemic.

A neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said: 'I heard there was about five shots. Then as I looked out it looked like there were two kids on bikes. They were fleeing.'

Another neighbour added: 'It was about 9pm and I was just sitting down.

'I was eating then I heard two or three shots go off. The next thing was the police arrived.'

A spokesman for The Met said: 'The injured male was taken by London Ambulance Service to a west London hospital where he remains in a serious condition.

'His family has been notified. We await further updates.

'Officers from Trident and Area Crime Command investigate.

'At this early stage there have been no arrests. Enquiries continue.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ondon.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:46 am

Boy aged just 12 stabbed
repeatedly in new knife outrage

A boy aged only 12 was stabbed in Birmingham in the latest knife outrage to rock the city

The lad was knifed in the head and leg in Elm Drive, Great Barr , at around 3.10pm on Saturday, April 20.

The circumstances of the attack were not known.

West Midlands Police has launched an investigation into the attack on the victim, who is among the youngest to be attacked in the wave of violent crime which has rocked the West Midlands in recent months.

Enquiries are underway and anyone with any information is urged to contact police via Live Chat at www.west-midlands.police.uk between 8am and midnight or call 101 anytime or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/m ... t-16159220
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:24 am

Maida Vale assault: Man rushed to major trauma centre 'serious' attack in underground station

A man was rushed to a major trauma centre after a serious assault in Maida Vale underground station

The site was closed for a time as officers attended the scene.

British Transport Police (BTP) was called at 3.30pm to reports of an assault.

A spokesman said: "On arrival at the station, BTP officers along with ambulance staff located a male on the floor of the booking hall.

"He was unresponsive with injuries consistent with a serious assault."

The man was rushed to hospital and the extent of his injuries are unknown.

A statement from London Ambulance Service said: "We treated a patient at the scene and took them to a major trauma centre as a priority.”

Police are attempting to contact his family and were unable to share further details of the incident.

The incident is being investigated and forensics officers were seen outside the station.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 22846.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:26 am

Man fighting for life after suffering knife
wounds in 'street fight' in Tower Hamlets

A man is fighting for life after two men suffered knife wounds during a "street fight" in Tower Hamlets

Police were called at 7.19pm to reports of an altercation in Osborn Street.

At the scene two males had suffered knife wounds.

The injured men were taken by LAS to separate London Hospitals.

A male, aged in his 20s, is in a life threatening condition.

The wounds of the second male, aged in his 40s, have not been deemed life threatening and he has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/m ... 22581.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:29 am

Dagenham 'murder': Four arrested after
man found dead at east London home

Four men have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a man was found dead at a property in Dagenham

Police were called to reports of a non-responsive man at an address in Hedgeman's Road at 10.41am on Saturday.

Officers attended and found a man believed to be in his 30s dead at the scene.

No further details have been released on those arrested.

A statement from Scotland Yard said: "They have been taken to east London Police stations where they remain at this time."

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/d ... 22566.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:33 am

Hyde Park stabbing: Man in his 20s rushed
to hospital after knife attack in central London

A man in his 20s was stabbed in London's Hyde Park on Saturday afternoon.

Police were called to the scene at around 4.40pm on Saturday.

The man was taken to hospital and his condition was initially being treated as potentially life-threatening.

However, it has since been deemed they are not life-threatening, though further details are unclear.

A statement from Scotland Yard said: "Police were called at around 1640hrs on Saturday, 20 April, to a fight in the western part of Hyde Park, W1.

"Officers attended along with LAS and found a man suffering a suspected stab injury.

"Detectives from the Central West Command Unit are investigating."

There have been no arrests at this stage.

Enquiries are still underway and the Met could not state whether the incident was connected to the 420 gathering in the park.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/h ... 22556.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PostAuthor: Anthea » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:49 am

Knife-wielding biker snatches £10,000 Rolex

Motorbike rider and passenger brandishing a huge knife snatch a £10,000 Rolex after cornering their victim in millionaires' road close to Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke's Hampstead home

The grisly scene took place in broad daylight as shocked bystanders watched

A photographer who witnessed the incident said the knife was 12 inches long

The victim, in his 60s, fled his parked car and was chased into a nearby garden

A moped rider and his knife-wielding passenger cornered a man in his 60s before stealing his £10,000 Rolex on a wealthy London street.

Shocked bystanders could only watch as the thug waved a 12-inch blade at him on South End Road, Hampstead, on April 10.

The victim scrambled out the passenger side of his car and ran away when the bike approached his vehicle.

The grisly scene took place in the middle of the day on April 10 as shocked bystanders watched on in South End Road, Hampstead, North London. The passenger grasps the knife in his right hand (pictured)

The victim, in his 60s, managed to scramble out the passenger side of his car and run away when the duo approached his vehicle

Game Of Thrones star Emilia Clarke, as well as Ricky Gervais, Nicole Appleton, Boy George and Sam Smith live in the area

Police said he was chased into a garden where he was forced to hand over his watch at around 3pm.

The street is known as millionaires' road as it houses rich celebrities such as Emilia Clarke, Ricky Gervais, Nicole Appleton, Boy George and Sam Smith.

A photographer who witnessed the incident, that happened just after 3pm, said it was 'so frightening' to watch, but it was the sight of the knife that 'freaked me out' the most

A photographer witnessed the incident and took high-quality pictures of the suspects.

It was initially thought the moped driver was a young girl due to his feminine eyes but police have now confirmed it was two males.

The cameraman told The Sun On Sunday: 'It was so frightening to watch. It was the sight of the knife that freaked me out.

'It was massive, at least 12 inches long, and the guy looked like he was happy to use it if necessary.

'He waved it at the old guy a few times and then I saw him hand over his watch. He was shaking like a leaf, as you would do.

'What struck me was they were so brazen, it was broad daylight and there were people walking along the street but they just didn't care.

'I did the only thing I could and took a few pictures in the hope it would help the police.'

The photographer added that the victim's hand was injured in the struggle before the robbers fled on the bike - which had its number plate covered.

Police say the 60-year-old victim was then chased into a nearby garden where he was forced to hand over his watch

They also said the victim's hand was injured in the struggle, before the thieves spun off on their bike which had the number plate covered

Last year the Met controversially said they had been using 'ramming' tactics to knock thieves off bikes, providing it was deemed safe to do so

It is the latest episode in a string of violent moped robberies in London - which have seen cases leap 30-fold in half a decade.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ictim.html
Anthea
Shaswar
Shaswar
Donator
Donator

PreviousNext

Return to World